Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Meets/events/road trips page

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 pm

What is going on with this?
From what I can see there seems to be a power struggle playing out between Peter (Pbondar, B21 or whatever the username is this week) and Craig 3.2.
Is the whole forum 'meets' centred around Scotland now; with a popularity contest being at the centre?
I ain't going to any of them, just wondering why the section is pretty much being bombarded by them both?
I'm waiting to see a 'world tour' for 2025 to be posted by one of them :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 pm

I'm assuming with covid and staycations, hotels are getting booked up pretty quickly even for next year, hence the need to put dates out early.

As to why Scotland is the centre, people will normally arrange things relatively local for them.

Why not arrange a meet for Spaldingski, I hear it's delightful?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:18 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 pm I'm assuming with covid and staycations, hotels are getting booked up pretty quickly even for next year, hence the need to put dates out early.

As to why Scotland is the centre, people will normally arrange things relatively local for them.

Why not arrange a meet for Spaldingski, I hear it's delightful?
I posted this morning on one of the run threads that I’d tried to book a hotel for one night and there was no availability in the town at all. I got one about 5/10 minutes away but even then there’s limited availability. This is for June 2022

I then posted saying anyone thinking about any of these runs, irrespective of where or who the organiser was should consider booking up now,

AFAIK, the whole years calendar has been issued by both organisers to allow people to get the option to attend any they wish and get the best chance of being able to attend. I have communicated with both organisers about what my intentions for next year are at the moment. I’ve also booked accommodation for some I intend attending as things stand just now, that may change for all sorts of reasons.

It’s not a pissing contest as far as I’m concerned but for example the one I posted about earlier involving Mallaig, IMHO if you don’t book accommodation for that now, you ain’t going which is what happened on the NC500 last year. People were showing an interest in attending in the months before and there wasn’t accommodation in all the scheduled stops so they couldn’t attend.

I personally won’t attend one day events unless they’re on my doorstep. I need to travel 2/3 hrs min to get to the start of these events. That doesn’t work for me so I attend 2+ day events.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

GoGirlZ4

Post by GoGirlZ4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 pm
    Now you've given B21 ideas, not that he seems to need any :rofl:

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm

GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:25 pm
    Are you going to ever post anything that isn't s**t stirring Gowatever.....?
    M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

B21
    Lifer
    Lifer
    Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 pm What is going on with this?
    From what I can see there seems to be a power struggle playing out between Peter (Pbondar, B21 or whatever the username is this week) and Craig 3.2.
    Is the whole forum 'meets' centred around Scotland now; with a popularity contest being at the centre?
    I ain't going to any of them, just wondering why the section is pretty much being bombarded by them both?
    Hello Pondrew, I’m not sure whether your comments are in your usual mode of agent provocateur or genuine interest?

From my viewpoint the reasons I join any forum is primarily to gain knowledge and help others with running, fixing enhancing their cars.

The secondary purpose for me is meeting like minded people through the medium of physical meetings and outings.

The tertiary purpose is to enjoy driving my cars in the company of others.

Through this forum and FB Z4 Owners Scotland I can exercise these options.

Through Craig3.2 runs and MefiEcosse meetings and runs I was fortunate to be able enjoy much Z4 centred pottering and hooning.

Sadly, through a much publicised ‘divorce’ myself and MefiEcosse are now disassociated from Craig3.2 and his events.

So, given the fact that I’m de-facto now retired (courtesy of COVID) and have the luxuries of time and money I’m keen to be able to use my limited time on this earth pursuing my hobbies as I see fit.

Scotland is a very large and beautiful landmass blessed with arguably the best Z4 roads in the UK.

So I have the headspace and desire to organise events that others may or may not choose to participate in.

Of course others do organise events, some of which I also attend, many of these are not publicised on this or other Forums for various reasons.

Personally I like to try different formats of events and runs, some of these prove popular, some not.

As others have already noted, the primary issue for organising any runs that require pre or post positioning and en-route accommodation for the last year and currently in 2023, yes 2023 are hotels.

So, many of us, given those circumstances and wanting to ensure that Z4 events don’t trip over family plans decided to put in place the 2022 calendar as soon as it became obvious how limiting the hotel accommodation situation has become.

From my viewpoint and most of the people I associate with, we have gone out of our way to avoid clashing with Craig3.2 runs and plans.

We were fortunate that Craig3.2 published his run calendar whilst we still were in an internal planning phase and as a result we have tried to do different format runs, in different locations at different times.

So whilst many people on this forum publicise annual mileages of less than 1,000 per annum we are striving for the 5,000 miles+ per miles, per annum, almost all on various outings.

I’d like to see more people organise more runs in more locations more often…sadly many people seem to be just keyboard warriors..

As usual I’m the public face of those who just want to quietly get on with as many runs as can be organised..
    We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
    A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

GoGirlZ4

Post by GoGirlZ4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm
    GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:25 pm
    Thats your opinion and not mine. If I need any s**t advice I won't be asking you :lol:

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm

GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm
    GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:25 pm Now you've given B21 ideas, not that he seems to need any :rofl:
    Thats your opinion and not mine. If I need any s**t advice I won't be asking you :lol:
    Of course you won't I only give good advice. :)

Youre not very bright are you...... :lol:
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

GoGirlZ4

Post by GoGirlZ4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm
    GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm Are you going to ever post anything that isn't s**t stirring Gowatever.....?

You say you offer only good advice, well you are cracking me up here :lol:

You don't know how bright I am, so that's your first mistake of many, I suspect :rofl:

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 pm

B21 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:54 pm Hello Pondrew, I’m not sure whether your comments are in your usual mode of agent provocateur or genuine interest?
    Hello Newbie. I always like to give people a chance (I know I'm all heart, me). :D I think you have slotted in really well considering you only joined 16 days ago :thumbsup:
    B21 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:54 pm So, given the fact that I’m de-facto now retired (courtesy of COVID) and have the luxuries of time and money
    I'm in the same boat Pete, just don't have the luxury of blaming the Pandemic for it. Mine was through hard work solely. :D
    Last edited by Pondrew on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 pm

I'm waiting to see a 'world tour' for 2025 to be posted by one of them
    Pondrew, this is not like you. Years ago someone asked me, "why is it that Scottish football managers are running the best teams in England"? I answered, "because they made them the best teams, and they are still there." There seems to be a hint of his view in your comments. Anyone can organise a meet and join in, it is not something to knock and I believe it is what enthusiasts do. Not for me though, but I do enjoy reading about their ventures.
    I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:23 pm

GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm
    GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 pm Thats your opinion and not mine. If I need any s**t advice I won't be asking you :lol:

You don't know how bright I am, so that's your first mistake of many, I suspect :rofl:
    :lol: Oh I think I know how bright you are, it ain't difficult to see reading what you write, expect for you as you're not very......aaaaaaaaanyhoo I'll leave you to your s**t stirring.....well done, great contribution to the forum. :thumbsup:
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35is
    G29

GoGirlZ4

Post by GoGirlZ4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:23 pm
    GoGirlZ4 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm Of course you won't I only give good advice. :)

:lol: Oh I think I know how bright you are, it ain't difficult to see reading what you write, expect for you as you're not very......aaaaaaaaanyhoo I'll leave you to your s**t stirring.....well done, great contribution to the forum. :thumbsup:
    Thanks for the review :lol: and I will leave you to providing s**t advice. So touché, well done, great contribution to the forum :thumbsup:

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:02 pm

Anyhoo. It's nice to see you back, John! :thumbsup:

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

craig3.2
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:09 pm

No Power struggle on my end Pondrew......
    I just continue to put out my 6 or 7 ,once a month Scottish meets (and the National meet),that I have done for over 12 years now,and that other previous Scottish forum members have done before me,since the start of this forum, pretty much.

The only thing that has changed is that others have now bombarded the Forum with about 12 meets a year,which they didn't do prior to this year.
    Which is entirely upto them :thumbsup:

I too want to continue enjoying my z4 with decent, Like minded individuals And as such will continue to do so.

And I deliberately didn't do a NC500
    trip for this year,as Peter already had one in progress.

It just so happens,that weeks or months after I put out runs in the NC500 region,Northumbria area Inc Seahouses, Ayrshire (my area,btw) that there happens to be 3 or 4 other meets in those areas too

But then,they did try and avoid clashes, and if others want to make it look like they are having a Pissing contest,as you say,then that's upto them.
    Certainly not my agenda,I just want to continue to enjoy my runs on this Forum,and out with, in the company of decent, fellow z4 owners.

So,why are you getting so bothered about this,if you don't attend?
    Mine (and Peters) runs are out there for those who want to enjoy them for what they are.
    As Peter said,it would be nice if others Didn't just criticise things about Runs,as has happened over the years,and if others actually organised runs in other parts of the UK.
    Then it wouldn't all be in Scotland either :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Peter re ref the being The Public face of meets,it's often that people like to critique runs and aspects of runs, without ever contributing anything meaningful to those events.
    It's nice to see relative Newbies like ArgyllAndy coming on here and diving head on into helping coordinate meets.
    Takes the pressure off others :D
    Last edited by craig3.2 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
    Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)