Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 2.5i N52B25 - 177 bhp performance upgrade.

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
GadgetMart

Post by GadgetMart » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:14 pm

I know this has been done to death, but from what I can tell the only difference between the I and SI is the inlet manifold (2 disa flaps) and the SI software.
So if I was to change the hardware to the SI spec, where could I get the ECU flashed to SI specification? - The modifications won't work without it.

The other option is to sell the car and buy an SI, but it's hard to find a clean one at a reasonable price. (plus it's better the devil :evil: you know).

Any help would be appreciated.
2007 Z4 E86 3.0si Sport
Silver with black leather
2008 Z4 E85 2.5i Sport
Titanium silver with red leather - Sold

lucasxdiniz

Post by lucasxdiniz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:36 pm

GadgetMart wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:14 pm I know this has been done to death, but from what I can tell the only difference between the I and SI is the inlet manifold (2 disa flaps) and the SI software.
So if I was to change the hardware to the SI spec, where could I get the ECU flashed to SI specification? - The modifications won't work without it.

The other option is to sell the car and buy an SI, but it's hard to find a clean one at a reasonable price. (plus it's better the devil :evil: you know).

Any help would be appreciated.
3-stage intake swap is a common mod in the American market for the E6x and E9x BMWs - virtually the same engine so lot's of info in those forums. Have a Google.
Z4MC: Interlagos Blue | Individual Champagne | BC Racing RS Coilovers | Powerflex Arms | 4.1 FD