Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED Scuttle panel for E85

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Scuttle panel for E85

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 pm

The plastic one that hides the wiper motor.
In very good condition please, especially the rubber edge that seals to the windscreen (ie. not great big chunks missing like the one I have!)
Part number 51717043619

Thanks
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Scuttle panel for E85

Post by Chris_D » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:19 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 pm The plastic one that hides the wiper motor.
In very good condition please, especially the rubber edge that seals to the windscreen (ie. not great big chunks missing like the one I have!)
Part number 51717043619

Thanks
You're better off going for a new-un. 2nd hand panel is more likely to just degrade quickly, esp if it's an original.
You getting water under it? If so, I did a workaround to stop water ingress whereby I affixed two mating beads of weatherstrip across the entire leading edge of the windscreen and underside of the scuttle. It's fixed my ingress issue.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Scuttle panel for E85

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Chris_D wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:19 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 pm The plastic one that hides the wiper motor.
Part number 51717043619

Thanks
You're better off going for a new-un. 2nd hand panel is more likely to just degrade quickly, esp if it's an original.
You getting water under it? If so, I did a workaround to stop water ingress whereby I affixed two mating beads of weatherstrip across the entire leading edge of the windscreen and underside of the scuttle. It's fixed my ingress issue.
Cheers Chris,
I'll be off to Lithuania then :roll:

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Scuttle panel for E85

Post by Chris_D » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:20 pm
Part number 51717043619

Thanks
Cheers Chris,
TBH I should have replaced mine way back when as I knew it was the probable culprit. The workaround has worked but it still looks a bit tatty with cracks here and there. Just checked my local BMW dealer. Eu155 inc vat.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Scuttle panel for E85

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Hmmm, now I wonder if the part number I have found is for LHD?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Scuttle panel for E85

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:39 pm

Chris_D wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:25 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:20 pm
Cheers Chris,
TBH I should have replaced mine way back when as I knew it was the probable culprit. The workaround has worked but it still looks a bit tatty with cracks here and there. Just checked my local BMW dealer. Eu155 inc vat.
Managed to find a very good secondhand one, so going for that for now.
Funnily enough there's no great signs of water ingress, but big chunks missing in the N/S corner where it meets the screen.