Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Discussing the current generation Z4
Russ Z4

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Russ Z4 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:57 am

At this stage, even a call back would be good.

I don’t really know. Not even heard back what BMW UK have to say. Maybe it’s my fault for not being a YouTuber named Joe.

Dealer principal didn’t know. She does now. Not that she’s contacted me.

SHIFTY

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by SHIFTY » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Russ

I would inform them that you are cancelling the order there are plenty to chose from on the BMW site, how many are physical cars would be down to calling the dealers but only 3 with red interiors that you were after.

When I cancelled mine after a delay, the salesman wanted to move the car from the dealer who had it to his dealership never happened but I think that the salesman learnt a lesson on how to treat customers.

As my previous post all sorted from purchase to delivery in less than a week.

Russ Z4

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Russ Z4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:11 pm

“Dec at earliest”

The “at earliest” fills me with zero confidence. Apparently “because of the way BMW builds work”.

I’ve just asked what cars are available now.

What an utterly, utterly miserable experience.

Any joy from this car has just gone.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by MikeyH » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:21 pm

Frankly after all this crap I would be completely anti BMW by now and be visiting the Porsche dealer. Absolutely rubbish service and if I had the money for a new car (which I don't) I would not be going anywhere near BMW, I feel so sorry for you. As others have said there must be a used car out there with near to spec that you could be happy with. Anyway I hope things work out for you very soon, you have been more patient than I would be.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

N4LLY

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by N4LLY » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:43 pm

Russ Z4 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:11 pm “Dec at earliest”

The “at earliest” fills me with zero confidence. Apparently “because of the way BMW builds work”.
Jeeshh ! :headbang:

I would have cancelled long time ago :(

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:48 pm

That's there answer after all the cock ups?

Sorry Russ but you are being far too nice over this, the delay whilst others who placed ordered after you and got there cars earlier is bad enough, but the absolute balls up of your spec is unforgivable.

Time to start mentioning trading standards, consumer rights lawyers and the press to the dealer principle. As far as I can see they have given you nothing in way of compensation for their errors.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

F1SpaceMonkey

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by F1SpaceMonkey » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:03 pm

ori

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by ori » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:10 pm

December earliest?!?? That’s ridiculous. What compensation?
They can sell and make a profit on the new car with the wrong spec. Least they should do is offer that profit onto your correct car? Maybe even a loan car until the new one arrives?
Not good enough at all.

Russ Z4

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Russ Z4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:17 pm

MikeyH wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:21 pm Frankly after all this crap I would be completely anti BMW by now and be visiting the Porsche dealer. Absolutely rubbish service and if I had the money for a new car (which I don't) I would not be going anywhere near BMW, I feel so sorry for you. As others have said there must be a used car out there with near to spec that you could be happy with. Anyway I hope things work out for you very soon, you have been more patient than I would be.
There is something to be said for that.

The trade in value of my current car has taken another years beating… so not really happy at what has also happened to the trade in value.

With everything else which is going on in my personal life, this is just an unwanted misery. This was something that was meant to bring some sort of joy and it just feels like such a negative energy right now… especially when the resolution and the way people are going about fixing it arent doing anything to make life any better.

I suspect they are trying to get me to break off the deal… but I’m not prepared to lose on my signed trade in price on my existing car.

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Russ, I understand that but you should be telling them you want the original trade in value honoured and compensation for their feck up with your order. Time to play hardball with them.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:54 pm

Russ Z4 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:17 pm I suspect they are trying to get me to break off the deal… but I’m not prepared to lose on my signed trade in price on my existing car
Russ, this is getting beyond a joke tbh, much more in the way they’re now dealing with their shortcomings rather than anything else, particularly as you say with your personal circumstances and a resolution not being reached :thumbsdown:

A genuine question here because it’s the only thing I wasn’t particularly impressed with when I was doing the deal on mine when ordering so I’m only raising it to bring it to your attention. When I did the deal they gave me a trade in price but the original build slot for mine was approx 4 months away. They said that was the price then but it would be revisited at completion if the date was something like in excess of 90 days of the valuation being given. Basically I was asking them to guarantee the price if it took the 4+ months, they wouldn’t. My concern was the 4 months was heading out of season (end Sept) and the value would reflect this. Immaterial to me as I sold privately and the build slot was moved forward so even if I hadn’t sold privately my trade in price was ok.

Just raising it incase that’s the only reason you’re holding on and that also doesn’t come to fruition :cry:

As an aside, and I know Scuba doesn’t agree with me, but Porsche were d!cks to deal with compared to the BMW dealer I’d used, saying that there’s not many places could do worse than your awful experience.

Just a thought but have you considered phoning another dealership blind, saying you’re looking to order a new G29 and see what their response is?

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by MikeyH » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:08 pm

Or ringing different dealers around the country to see what they have in stock every week. Would a different dealer effect your trade in price? Might be one of those 1 owner cars that someone hasn't been able to keep up the payments due to the current climate.
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Russ Z4

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Russ Z4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:25 pm

If the other half is well enough, I'm taking a road trip to look at one of these...
    alpine.jpeg
    alpine.jpeg (144.31 KiB) Viewed 436 times

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:53 pm

Russ Z4 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:25 pm If the other half is well enough, I'm taking a road trip to look at one of these...

alpine.jpeg
    Hopefully :thumbsup: and you have a better experience shame the roof doesn’t drop :poke: :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Russ Z4

Z4 G29 Delivery Delays

Post by Russ Z4 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:05 pm

But I would wager the servicing and dealership experience is a hell of a lot better.