Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Right front wheel grabbing/knocking under light braking

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
AveZ4coop

Post by AveZ4coop » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi Folks

I have an issue with the right front wheel grabbing/knocking under light braking (e86 2006). When I apply the brakes at low speed, the steering twitches slightly and it feels like the front right brake caliper is grabbing and knocking. There are no symptoms if I use the brakes more robustly. I replaced both calipers earlier in the year, after I had a sticking caliper causing wheel wobble, and this doesn't feel like a repeat of that?

Anyone had anything similar, or got any ideas on likely causes? Won't be able to look at it properly until the weekend, so I have parked the car up until then. :cry:
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

AveZ4coop

Post by AveZ4coop » Fri May 13, 2022 1:47 pm

A bit late, but thought I would add the resolution in case someone else gets it in the future.

A less than two year old lollipop had completely failed. when I removed it it was as dry as a bone and the rubber had completely failed. Either a dodgy replacement part or a dodgy mechanic :oops: . Now replaced with poly bush purple, and all is well.
Montego blue 2006 BMW Z4 coupe 3.0si with black interior, ZHP, Whippy, 12mm front/16mm rear spacers on BBS 108's wrapped in Michelin PS4's. :driving:Brand new Pierburg water pump fitted at 101k after failure :cry: (should have done it at 100k) :headbang:

BumpyZ4

Post by BumpyZ4 » Fri May 13, 2022 1:56 pm

Thanks for the update. Always nice to hear that a solution was found.
2003 E85 3.0i Sterling Gray
KLR 650
Diva Roadster (Kit Car)