Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Window stopped working

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
supadupa64

Window stopped working

Post by supadupa64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:43 pm

Today my driver side window stopped working. I can't roll it down... I didn't see a fuse for this.

Any ideas?

DMike

Window stopped working

Post by DMike » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:56 pm

Could be a toasted window module, window motor or general module. The power windows don’t have separate fuses but receive power via the general module. GM is protected by fuses F10, F11, F12, F26 and F46 if you want to check the easy solutions first. There seems to be slight variations in the schematics over different MYs. If the fuses are ok, I’d get hold of ISTA or INPA (or a fellow forum member with one :) ), read the error codes and narrow down the diagnosis by trying to actuate the window via the sw.
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Window stopped working

Post by markplant » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm

Does it make any noise at all when button pressed, if you hear a grating sound it the window regulator, common fault
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

supadupa64

Window stopped working

Post by supadupa64 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:45 pm

markplant wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm Does it make any noise at all when button pressed, if you hear a grating sound it the window regulator, common fault
There's no sound.

BUT... It started working again later today! Now I'm scared that if I roll it down it won't go back up. =O

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Window stopped working

Post by bigwinn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:58 pm

markplant wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm Does it make any noise at all when button pressed, if you hear a grating sound it the window regulator, common fault
Mark can you have a look at mine at the weekend

Will help me figure out if it’s GM5 related or the motor is kaput
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Window stopped working

Post by markplant » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 am

bigwinn wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:58 pm
Mark can you have a look at mine at the weekend

Will help me figure out if it’s GM5 related or the motor is kaput
Certainly
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted