Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is this model and its variants ULEZ compliant?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:38 pm
Smartbear wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:32 pm Even electric cars? That seems at odds with reducing congestion
But your post was for your car, which isn't leccy!
Yep, it’s when you replied that everyone pays the congestion charge i thought that battery cars would be exempt because of no emissions at source :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:12 am

Smartbear wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:51 pm Yep, it’s when you replied that everyone pays the congestion charge i thought that battery cars would be exempt because of no emissions at source
At the moment they get a rebate, so the mega pedant (me! :lol:) could argue they do have to pay. But this only has a few years left.
It used to not apply at the weekend and in the evenings but does now, so no more Z antics in the city for me. I think the last time was a quick trip to the Natural History Museum; free entry, free parking on Sundays and no congestion charge. :(
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

veryverydarkblue

Post by veryverydarkblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 am

Scooba_Steve wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:12 am
Smartbear wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:51 pm Yep, it’s when you replied that everyone pays the congestion charge i thought that battery cars would be exempt because of no emissions at source
At the moment they get a rebate, so the mega pedant (me! :lol:) could argue they do have to pay. But this only has a few years left.
It used to not apply at the weekend and in the evenings but does now, so no more Z antics in the city for me. I think the last time was a quick trip to the Natural History Museum; free entry, free parking on Sundays and no congestion charge. :(
NHM isn’t inside the congestion charge zone - there’s a sign somewhere on the A4 about the distance to congestion charge that is just wrong - you can go all the way to Park Lane. I drove past NHM at 7.30 am this morning, through Hyde park to drop the wife at work on Euston road. She chose roof down Z4 over the Mini, which is a treat burbling through the park as the sun comes up with no traffic
2006 E85 3.0 SI Sport Manual
Midnight Blue IND / Extended Black Leather / MV2s

Prev: 2005 E85 2.0i SE Manual. Sapphire Black. poverty spec.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:26 am

veryverydarkblue wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 am NHM isn’t inside the congestion charge zone - there’s a sign somewhere on the A4 about the distance to congestion charge that is just wrong - you can go all the way to Park Lane. I drove past NHM at 7.30 am this morning, through Hyde park to drop the wife at work on Euston road. She chose roof down Z4 over the Mini, which is a treat burbling through the park as the sun comes up with no traffic
Oh yeah, I've just checked the map - that's a bonus! Just shows how much I pay attention to it, so I suppose it works as a deterrent - I just don't bother considering the car.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

veryverydarkblue

Post by veryverydarkblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:45 am

RBKC remains (for London) a driving Mecca, particularly with the unreasonably cheap resident parking permits which give free parking across the large borough including outside of the museums/ Kings Road/ High Street Ken at any time. It’s the worst place in London to be a cyclist. My cycling self hates my driving self and thinks my stinky, noisy and waste-of-space weekend Z4 shouldn’t be allowed here. My driving self doesn’t listen.

I’ve noticed the move to EVs and getting older cars off the road is also making it more enjoyable keeping the roof down in traffic and not dying of smog inhalation. It does however make the steam these Z4s pump out in winter a bit more embarrassing.
2006 E85 3.0 SI Sport Manual
Midnight Blue IND / Extended Black Leather / MV2s

Prev: 2005 E85 2.0i SE Manual. Sapphire Black. poverty spec.