Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Arrrhhh.another fault code

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
bluepain

Post by bluepain » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Here we go again..
Haven't had this code ..till today.
Po3066 . :headbang:
Had a little trouble starting her from warm..but it did start.
Then soon after I got this fault code..
Read online it could be a timing chain jumped the cogs.. :(
Hoping it may be cam shaft sensor..or an oily terminal..
I did take out my vanous solinids for a clean 5 days back..and cleaned the MAF .
it ran so much smoother .. Untill today.
Seems to be throwing up different codes weekly, all aiming at the variable valve timing.(vanous system).
Or at least that what I'm thinking .

It's the 2 litre 4 cylinder engine.
Thoughts welcome

Robin82

Post by Robin82 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Did you get to the bottom of this? Removing the 'o' from the code (which I guess just stands for the 'o' in powertrain) throws up a substantial amount of information via the search engines.

Camshaft Position Sensor or blockage in the fuel system contributing to low pressure? I doubt it's the timing chain. What engine is it? N46? It's _fairly_ straightforward to check if there is slack in the chain by removing the rocker cover. You'd also very clearly hear the slack, certainly if there's enough of it to jump the cogs.
E85 2.0i 2007 Manual N46 Silver Grey

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:27 pm

Also, if it cropped up after you'd disturbed the solenoids, you may want to check they're properly reconnected?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Robin82

Post by Robin82 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:42 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:27 pm Also, if it cropped up after you'd disturbed the solenoids, you may want to check they're properly reconnected?
I've just cleaned them and the MAF myself - yesterday in fact. Yeah you can see how they're often left not connected, they do require an extra hard push to seat them properly so that the o-ring is pushed right inside up against the block.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Robin82 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:42 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:27 pm Also, if it cropped up after you'd disturbed the solenoids, you may want to check they're properly reconnected?
I've just cleaned them and the MAF myself - yesterday in fact. Yeah you can see how they're often left not connected, they do require an extra hard push to seat them properly so that the o-ring is pushed right inside up against the block.
Ah ok then, just asking as often these things are created by something we've recently disturbed.
Good luck sorting it.
Maybe PM 'Tug' as he seems a fair authority on all things 4-pot?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Robin82

Post by Robin82 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:55 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 pm
Robin82 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:42 pm
Ah ok then, just asking as often these things are created by something we've recently disturbed.
Good luck sorting it.
Maybe PM 'Tug' as he seems a fair authority on all things 4-pot?
Ah sorry enuff_ it's not me with the issue, it's _bluepain_ at the top, I do have a 4 pot myself though so I'll keep your recommendation in mind! cheers

bluepain

Post by bluepain » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 pm

It's an n46 engine.
Gonna start with the cam shaft sensors, to see if there at fault.
What could cause low fuel pressure, ?
Maybe a blocked filter .
Any idea where that is on the n46..?

Robin82

Post by Robin82 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Same engine as mine. Maybe a faulty sensor throwing the codes? Perhaps the Lambda sensors as they regulate the fuel? I read a thread in which tug, replaced his sensors so he might be able to help.
Blocked fuel filters were a thing on the z3 but not heard much of that issue on the z4.