Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stuck in transport mode!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
super spurs

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by super spurs » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi all,
I am hoping to find someone in or near West Sussex who is able to delete the transport mode on my E85. I have tried with the cable and DIS software but I think I have the wrong software as I can't get a proper diagnosis from my car. If anyone has the right cable and software and is prepared to sort my car out I would be truly grateful. Summer without air con was bearable, winter without heater and rear window de-mister is not so great. (I rang my nearest BMW garage for help but their service guy who answered the phone had never heard of transport mode and said the car would have to go into their diagnostics at £185 per hour!!!! I didn't even bother arguing that it should have been removed by the original dealer and that BMW should fix it for free :roll: )
Anyway, anyone local who can help in exchange for a couple of purple drinking vouchers would be great.
Thanks in advance
Andy

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 pm

Hi Andy, and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear of your transport mode woes. There is a thread of members who have Carly but I haven't linked to that as I don't think it will solve your problem. IIRC it needs something like INPA, ISTA or NCS.

Hopefully someone near you who has the right software will read this. But even if they don't I'm sure you could get it sorted at much lower cost by a BMW Indy - someone may have some suggestions.

But in the meantime why not introduce yourself on the Newbies section - just make sure you include a photo of your car. :lol:

Anyway good luck getting transport mode deleted. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Zulu4

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by Zulu4 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:41 pm

I wonder how transport mode gets re-enabled ? It surely cannot have been active since the car was first sold.
2007 3.0si Auto Sport Roadster. Whippy.
Previous:
2003 3.0i SE Roadster. Whippy.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by Smartbear » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Zulu4 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:41 pm I wonder how transport mode gets re-enabled ? It surely cannot have been active since the car was first sold.
I think it can sit enabled but not active until the battery reaches a critically low charge level, so it’s possible :o
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:41 pm

I believe it comes back to haunt when the original dealership didn't delete it, only disable it.
As bad as finding cars with the original air filters on a FBMWSH...
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 pm

That's what I understand to be the case. :thumbsup:

Transport Mode should be deleted during the PDI, but plenty of dealers just disable it (maybe it's quicker) and then it kicks back in when the battery gets tired.

I suppose that's the only positive I got when my battery died earlier this year - at least I found out Transport Mode was deleted! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Stuck in transport mode!

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:51 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 pm at least I found out Transport Mode was deleted

Me too! :lol:
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.