Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Idrive screen

Jasonn

Idrive screen

Post by Jasonn » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:40 pm

Good afternoon all,

Was just washing the zed to get the crud off after heavy rain and noticed that ive got a little bit of condesation in the near side head light so after drying the car i started it to turn it round so that the sun can warm it up to see whether that'll sort it.

Car started idrive screen popped up and went completely red then black, then nothing.

Ive left it 10 minutes and it's done the same - has this happened to anyone else?

clarker63

Idrive screen

Post by clarker63 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:10 pm

mcbutler

Idrive screen

Post by mcbutler » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:52 pm

Its a video feed problem, cable - screen (you dont want that they are £2650 - just had mine changed) or the video source itself.. My first step would be to simply check everything is tight, especially cables.
If it did it after washing your car check your carpets under the dash for damp spots, you may have a drip that has wet the video feed cable connections.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Jasonn

Idrive screen

Post by Jasonn » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:11 am

After being lefy pointing into the sun for a while i took it out and it seemed OK, the navigation took longer than normal to get a fix but ive driven it round a few times and it hasnt reoccurred.

I went through a crazy amount of standing water this week (ive changed my job so do a lot of country lane driving now 😁).

The carpets seem a little moist, but that could be where i was tramping around in the wet and left a coat in the footwell.