Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boot lid opening by itself.

Discussing the current generation Z4
Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Had this quite a few times, boot lid is opening when I'm nowhere near the car. First couple of times I just assumed I'd just not closed it properly but happening too often for that.
Checked on the app last night that all was well, got into car this morning and warning chime to say boot was open.

Only thing I can think off is I'm setting off the unlock button in my pocket, but it does take a couple of seconds for it to "spring" open a touch when using the button. Have just used Bimmercode to set this value to 10 seconds and see if that helps, but not convinced this is the solution.

Anyone else had this, or anything similar?
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

ori

Post by ori » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:29 pm

Had that on my previous zed. Turns out I was triggering it lying on my sofa. Stopped leaving key in my pocket and it stopped happening. ;)

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:09 pm

I'm assuming this is what I'm doing too.

Image Image

raven

Post by raven » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:55 am

i've had problems with the lock being out of position, but then it never closes and you get the boot open sound all the time.

My guess would also be accidential keypress, by default the delay is 0.5 seconds, i think you can program it higher with bimmercode, I saw something about boot opening times in the menu,s there but I havent tried it.
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm

raven wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:55 am i've had problems with the lock being out of position, but then it never closes and you get the boot open sound all the time.

My guess would also be accidential keypress, by default the delay is 0.5 seconds, i think you can program it higher with bimmercode, I saw something about boot opening times in the menu,s there but I havent tried it.
Yes, as I said above I've coded it to 10 seconds and will monitor it.

Image Image

raven

Post by raven » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:42 pm

if it doesnt work with bimmercode, try closing the trunk a few times in a row, see if the lock actually engages every time.
The part of the lock on the rear-bumperside is movable, if its misaligned the lock doesnt engage.
I accidentialy bumped it with a box took me a while to figure out why the trunc wasnt locking anymore :)
2019 BMW Z4 G29 M40i @600hp - IG: ZZZZ_M40i

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:47 pm

Definitely closing each time, i'm double checking it.

Image Image

PaperSniper

Post by PaperSniper » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:07 pm Had this quite a few times, boot lid is opening when I'm nowhere near the car. First couple of times I just assumed I'd just not closed it properly but happening too often for that.
Checked on the app last night that all was well, got into car this morning and warning chime to say boot was open.

Only thing I can think off is I'm setting off the unlock button in my pocket, but it does take a couple of seconds for it to "spring" open a touch when using the button. Have just used Bimmercode to set this value to 10 seconds and see if that helps, but not convinced this is the solution.

Anyone else had this, or anything similar?
Is it open, or merely unlocked? Opening would be nice, like on my wife's 440i; but obviously only if intentional! 8)
2020 BMW Z4 M40i
Misano Blue, Premium, Leather
Need more curves in west Tennessee!

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Actually open, ie slightly ajar and can be lifted up as out of catch.

Image Image