Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie 2.0 aka The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

First port of call for new members
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Vornwend wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:42 pm Welcome :) Judging by the roof positions it seems it doesn't always rain in southern caledonia :wink:
Very good..glad you picked up on the analogy.. :thumbsup: :rofl:

Two days of absolutely pissing down but today glorious sunshine and blue skies..getting prepped for this weekend's bash :driving:

Useful having a hot standby :tumbleweed:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..

biZ4rreMids

Post by biZ4rreMids » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Welcome back, looking forward to following your progress with the new Z and it would be intriguing to understand the real world differences in performance between your highly modified 20i and the modding of your straight 6 Z.
Speed Yellow Porsche Boxster S
Previous:
Melbourne red 2016 20i MSport with a few subtle mods
Titanium Silver 2004 3.0SE with run flats

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:27 pm

Bookmarked :fuelfire:

Always nice to see new members around these parts especially one who seems as knowledgeable as you

I’m sure you’ll be welcomed by all and sundry

Welcome to the forum Mr Bananaman

:thumbsup:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:33 pm

I had figured out you had the car as it was used on the NC500 run and confirmed by a mutual acquaintance - glad the issue is sorted on the 20i.

While I also dislike the chrome, I also believe that the car should stay standard but its each to their own and won't criticise anyway from modding to their taste
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Oh Peter, the sh*t you caused. :o I, for one, missed you (strangely) :sweetheart:

I have a very real feeling you are Z4MAD. Several things. Tell me I'm wrong
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:26 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm Oh Peter, the sh*t you caused. :o I, for one, missed you (strangely) :sweetheart:

Not a chance. I’ll stake my whippy on it.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:07 pm

biZ4rreMids wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:20 pm Welcome back, looking forward to following your progress with the new Z and it would be intriguing to understand the real world differences in performance between your highly modified 20i and the modding of your straight 6 Z.
Thank you..

I’ll write up the detailed assessment on the much modified N20 vs stock 35is, suffice to say it doesn’t make great reading for those that believe a stock 35is is the zenith of E89 ownership.

I’ve been criticised for being critical of the 6 cylinder versions…it’s a very personal view..

The 20i with 305 bhp and 450 nm would outrun a stock 35i and significantly out turn / out manoeuvre it with its uprated steering / ARBs and Bilsteins.

For 2 weeks I teetered on returning the 35is, it was a massive disappointing experience. :tumbleweed:

However the clues came early…changing the run flat wheels for Goodyear Assy 5 had an immediate and noticeable improvement.

Changing the ‘cheap’ , yes I know it’s supposed to wonderful 14 speaker Top-Fi speakers for some decent Eton replacements yielded a great change in sound quality.

So yes there is that great N54 engine..at certain points making great noises (other times droning away)..but the chassis feels so far far behind. :headbang:

So it’s a journey..I have track record in biting of big chunks :rofl:
AD82D464-9621-4464-9FDD-B73EB26ABB99.jpeg
AD82D464-9621-4464-9FDD-B73EB26ABB99.jpeg (196.07 KiB) Viewed 367 times
An illustration..mid range speakers

676 Hi-Fi 11 speaker version, 677 Top-Fi DSP 14 speaker system and Eton OE upgrade..wonder which sounds better ?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard..

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 pm

earthdweller wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:27 pm Bookmarked :fuelfire:

Always nice to see new members around these parts especially one who seems as knowledgeable as you

I’m sure you’ll be welcomed by all and sundry

Welcome to the forum Mr Bananaman

:thumbsup:
Many thanks..

To quote Austin Powers

As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound! :thumbsup:

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm Oh Peter, the sh*t you caused. :o I, for one, missed you (strangely) :sweetheart:

Dear Comrade Pondrew

If it’s any consolation I haven’t missed you :rofl:

When I left you were buying a car..when I came back you are STILL buying a car ..Jesus H Christ FFS :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I do think that Z4Mad could have been an alter ego in a parallel universe…

Surprised he was removed for publishing large amounts of vacuous dribble… when others haven’t? :tumbleweed:

Anyway I promise to play nicely :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:39 pm

B21 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pmvacuous dribble
Drivel, not dribble. Uh-oh here we go again :D
B21 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pm When I left you were buying a car..when I came back you are STILL buying a car ..Jesus H Christ FFS
When you left YOU were selling a car, when you came back you hadn't sold said car just bought it's clone.......Jesus H Christ FFS
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:40 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:39 pm
B21 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pmvacuous dribble
Drivel, not dribble. Uh-oh here we go again :D
B21 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pm When I left you were buying a car..when I came back you are STILL buying a car ..Jesus H Christ FFS
When you left YOU were selling a car, when you came back you hadn't sold said car just bought it's clone.......Jesus H Christ FFS
Touché :thumbsup: