Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

With Reference to Loud Exhausts on the E35is

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
304frp

Post by 304frp » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:08 pm

You are correct, I do not know why I keep it, it must just be the shape and nothing more. I rarely use it as it is unruly on the ears, and you have made me question my loyalty towards it.
Going on your post of its noise, I don’t think you would find it pleasant and rewarding experience to own one .
:!: :driving: :!:
F31 330d Daily
E89 35i weekend
Evoque gone
Aston vantage v8, missed
Porsche Boxster s,gone

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:24 pm

304frp wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:08 pm You are correct, I do not know why I keep it, it must just be the shape and nothing more. I rarely use it as it is unruly on the ears, and you have made me question my loyalty towards it.
Going on your post of its noise, I don’t think you would find it pleasant and rewarding experience to own one .
Dear Comrade 304frp,

Yes, I can understand how terribly disappointing it would be to own a machine that makes you feel less than happy. For myself, the aspect of noise does not perturb me to any great extent as it would not be my intention to drive it over any great distances. It would be a little toy that would sit within my collection which I could use just when the fancy takes me,... perhaps to run it around the countryside hereabouts winter and summer with the top down. One potentially blissful aspect of the 35is is the torque; this is something of which I have become familiar in other machines; so from the aforementioned you will no doubt understand I shall continue with my quest, but will take my leave from this forum, as it appears that I do quite unwittingly cause an moderate degree of irritation to one or two of the long term members within this forum. However, I have always been most appreciative of all the advice and most kind assistance provided to me by other members which I shall be able to carry with me whilst performing the manifold sojourns that the acquisition of another machine requires.

With kind regards,

MAD

304frp

Post by 304frp » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Indeed , one needs to own many vehicles , of which the z4 plays a small but amusing part,

Good luck in your future
:!: :driving: :!:
F31 330d Daily
E89 35i weekend
Evoque gone
Aston vantage v8, missed
Porsche Boxster s,gone

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:16 pm

SV8Predator wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm
Z4MAD wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:25 pm All this notwithstanding, I am bereft of one minute, but nonetheless pantagruelian aspect of information of the most brobningnagain importance, to wit:
Yes, yes, we get that you've swallowed a dictionary and that it's stuck in your colon, but although you think that it's hilarious, it's getting very tiresome now.
Pot calling kettle
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:16 pm

SV8Predator wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm
Z4MAD wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:25 pm All this notwithstanding, I am bereft of one minute, but nonetheless pantagruelian aspect of information of the most brobningnagain importance, to wit:
Yes, yes, we get that you've swallowed a dictionary and that it's stuck in your colon, but although you think that it's hilarious, it's getting very tiresome now.
Pot calling kettle
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:56 pm

SV8Predator wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm Yes, yes, we get that you've swallowed a dictionary and that it's stuck in your colon, but although you think that it's hilarious, it's getting very tiresome now.
Speak for yourself. I think he is extremely funny and eloquent. I don't quite understand why some forum members are trying to push him away.
MAD has not been controversial or said anything that could upset anyone (unlike you or I, and we're both still here). He has come up with some brilliant phrases. This a forum not a 'members club'. It costs nothing to join and anyone is (or should be) welcome, unless they break the rules. He has not broken any of the rules.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 am

Pondrew wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:56 pm
SV8Predator wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm Yes, yes, we get that you've swallowed a dictionary and that it's stuck in your colon, but although you think that it's hilarious, it's getting very tiresome now.
Speak for yourself. I think he is extremely funny and eloquent. I don't quite understand why some forum members are trying to push him away.
MAD has not been controversial or said anything that could upset anyone (unlike you or I, and we're both still here). He has come up with some brilliant phrases. This a forum not a 'members club'. It costs nothing to join and anyone is (or should be) welcome, unless they break the rules. He has not broken any of the rules.
👍
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather