Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Blower Motor (Hedgehog) Resistor

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
S3Highwayman

Post by S3Highwayman » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a blower motor resistor for my 2007 Z4? It's often known as a 'hedgehog' and, whilst I can see threads about it on the forum, my current issue is sourcing a replacement :( .

The original part no. is 64116927600 and I had one ordered with BMW, but after 2 months of waiting, they told me that part was no longer available... Apparently, the replacement part is 64115A3F3B9, but that is also not currently available from them :cry: . The back order from the factory apparently dates back to 2019, so it doesn't sound like they are going to be an option anytime soon.

I've had a look on eBay and it seems that I can source one from the US or Lithuania, but I'm not overly keen to do that, if I can help it, or without some confidence that I am actually going to receive what I am after. Has anyone on here sourced one from abroad and, if so, did it work out OK?

Equally, if anyone can suggest somewhere in the UK who might have one, please let me know, as the car has been without working aircon all over the summer (not so bad when the weather is nice, and the roof is down!) but we're now heading into colder times and I need the heating and aircon to be working.

Any help gratefully received.

Phil

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:01 pm

S3Highwayman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm I've had a look on eBay and it seems that I can source one from the US or Lithuania
I’ve no input into your current issue but I do know from previous purchases that a lot of “end of line/discontinued” stock gets bought by dealers in Lithuania. I’ve taken a punt and bought several smaller/inexpensive items from them in the knowledge that with both eBay and PayPal protection I was pretty sure of getting a refund if anything went wrong. Just for info I’ve not had any issues with any of the purchases.

Don’t know the cost of the item you’re looking for but might be worth a go :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Umfaan

Post by Umfaan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:24 pm

I am stripping a Z4 E85 and probably have the resistor as I stripped the complete Climate /ac unit out last weekend. Pm me some contact details and I will look when I get home in an hour or so.
    Hope to help 👍

S3Highwayman

Post by S3Highwayman » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:03 pm

Many thanks for both posts above. Umfaan, you have PM :wink: .

Phil

S3Highwayman

Post by S3Highwayman » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Just a quick update to say that this ended up not being the heater resistor in the end. I had to have the car re-programmed as I had replaced the battery and it was being over-charged, which led to the aircon/heating fault.

I did eventually managed to track down a hedgehog resistor anyway (purchased before I found the real problem!). It had to be a secondhand part, as there are genuinely no new ones available, as far as I could find. If anyone needs one, I am keeping it as spare, just in case, but could be persuaded to sell it :wink: .

Phil

BNick

Post by BNick » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 pm

Hi Phil,
    Could you please share your experience regarding the solution of reprogramming while your battery was overcharged and AC was not working. Looks like I have the same issue with mine z4.
    Cheers, Mykola

sajvav

Post by sajvav » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:01 pm

Hi - I am having the same problem with my 2004 Alpina Roadster E85. Need a new Blower Resistor (hedgehog) and can't locate one anywhere. Not sure if there are any pointers out there on where I might go next? Tried the USA and most of Europe!
    Thanks, Sajvav

Jas- USA

Post by Jas- USA » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:24 am

sajvav wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:01 pm Hi - I am having the same problem with my 2004 Alpina Roadster E85. Need a new Blower Resistor (hedgehog) and can't locate one anywhere. Not sure if there are any pointers out there on where I might go next? Tried the USA and most of Europe!
    Thanks, Sajvav

1st, please check that this is the correct part number your looking for.

This site is in the USA and is a real parts business. There add claims the part is available

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/ ... 3F-3B9-BOE

sajvav

Post by sajvav » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:35 am

:thumbsup: