Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Panic buying fuel again

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Pondrew » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 am

Honestly, I despair.
The news runs a story of a few fuel stations having to shut because of a shortage of tanker drivers. Within an hour there are queues at the pumps. Presumably they will be stocking up on bog roll too! :x
My local Sainsbury's filling station had queues around the block at 8.30 this morning!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:26 am

My local Tesco ran out yesterday. Hope it’s not because of panic buying as it’s a fair old trek to the next one.

Nearest one out of town 38 miles away and serves a much bigger area so likely to be experiencing the same :thumbsdown:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

inkey$
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by inkey$ » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:55 am

The panic has begun. I just got back from a 40 mile motorcycle ride down into north Kent. Every single petrol station with queues. :headbang:
    Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
    Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

maxman

Panic buying fuel again

Post by maxman » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:10 pm

The news media are totally to blame for this panic buying.There is no real shortage,but people panic when told there might be a problem with the odd garage might run out.

PerryGunn
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Same around here - they're joining the queue because there's a queue and if there's a queue it must mean there's a shortage....

Bloody idiots...
    Alpina Roadster S #320
    * Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
    * Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:29 pm

Idiots! Surrounded by idiots!

Happened to be out earlier on and stopped at the local garage for fuel.
    There are 12 pumps, all in a line across, with the long hoses so you can use either side.
    All the pump slots are in use, so the numpties in the queue, instead of just picking a slot and lining up behind it, are waiting at the entrance to see which one becomes free first. So 12 cars that could be lined up in the slots are in fact trailed back out onto the main road.

Idiots!
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Chippie

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Chippie » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:44 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:29 pm Idiots! Surrounded by idiots!

Happened to be out earlier on and stopped at the local garage for fuel.
    There are 12 pumps, all in a line across, with the long hoses so you can use either side.
    All the pump slots are in use, so the numpties in the queue, instead of just picking a slot and lining up behind it, are waiting at the entrance to see which one becomes free first. So 12 cars that could be lined up in the slots are in fact trailed back out onto the main road.

Idiots!
    All the pumps were full when I called the other day so picked one in the middle a pulled up behind, turns out whoever was in front must have also been doing their weekly food shop, ended up having to reverse back and take another one, it boils my p*55 when people do that
    E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Pondrew » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Unfortunately we live in a world (or at least a Country) where it would seem the vast majority of people are ignorant and utterly selfish. This has shown itself more than usual in the last eighteen months; and I for one am sick of them! :x
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

mr.tourette
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Ugh.. I fill up every Friday evening on the way home from work ready for next week, Station is usually pretty much empty, I'm now sitting in a rammed station waiting to fill up :headbang:
    if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by ronk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 pm

The media “fuels” the hysteria by their silly headlines like keep your tank 1/4 full :headbang:
    I felt guilty topping (25lt) the tank of the 335 today- I only filled if because we have to do a decent run on Sunday.

The Z is in the garage with less than 1/2 a tank of fuel -after its run from the Borders on Wednesday and that’s how it will stay!
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Thrustyjust

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Thrustyjust » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm

We have 80 miles left on the Volvo and were planning on visiting our daughter in Kent for the weekend and the missus said the local Tescos was queuing up the road and were closing at 4pm. The Sainsburys were using staff in high viz directing people and local places were out of fuel. So, we arent doing a 260 mile trip away this weekend and because of the media , like the bog rolls senario and pasta :headbang:
    E86 In sapphire black

Wwesty

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Wwesty » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Absolutely ridiculous. We are in the Care sector and are already struggling with a staffing crisis, now even those who we have available wont be able to get around as they have no fuel.... :headbang: :headbang:
    2004 Black Sapphire 3.0L SE.

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by Pondrew » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Our Sainsbury's had all the retirees queuing to top their tanks up, just to go straight home and leave it until they have to do their next weekly trip of 10 miles to the chemist or back to the supermarket. :x
    The lunchtime news today said "the public are causing a crisis that doesn't exist", yet it was they who flagged the small issue in the first place. Then of course it spread via Facebook and the like to the whole population within about 5 minutes.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

mmm-five
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by mmm-five » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:28 pm

I last filled up about 2 weeks ago...and I've got 3/4 tank left (in the 320D), so I should be able to make it all the way to Germany before I have to refuel :P
    Trigger’s Z4MC
    Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
    Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

ronk
    Lifer
    Lifer

Panic buying fuel again

Post by ronk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:04 pm Our Sainsbury's had all the retirees queuing to top their tanks up, just to go straight home and leave it until they have to do their next weekly trip of 10 miles to the chemist or back to the supermarket. :x
    They won’t be there next week.
    :thumbsup:
    You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
    So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: