Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to source strut brace

"M" Specific discussion
RvsBmw

Post by RvsBmw » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:05 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 pm It is close but not that close, there's no contact, did you fit it properly? I've done numerous track days and general driving with it. Not sure how it can damage (I presume you mean) engine mounts?! Have you got any evidence of the above as I would be interested.
My BMW dealer ordered it for me based on my information. Indeed the pins need to be removed, but thats what was needed in the first place and no issue (for me ;)).

I've spoken with a BMW mechanic in USA. He gave me the information about the lack of space and he wont recommend it to other people. Sometimes when im driving and go over a bump in a village/city, than i hear some noise. Guessing thats the fuel rail hitting the bar, but not sure ;). I've a MC with 42k miles and i think the motormounts arent replaced yet.. So with new ones it would sit higher?

Let me know if im wrong. Ive the M3 set and its fine for me at this point :).
BMW Z4M Coupe '08 | Sapphire Black | Bicolour Silverstone Anthrazit | OEM CSL's | Aero's

Argenta

Post by Argenta » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:36 pm

A couple of washers is a good idea.
I've made holes underneath the bar where tiny marks were made, for clearance. But thats a little more work..