Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cheap DA Polisher

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Colin_E

Cheap DA Polisher

Post by Colin_E » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Firstly a heads up that Amazon have a “VonHaus” DA polisher kit reduced to £60 in their current sale for a few days.
But… are they any good? Worth the money? And perhaps most importantly how easy are they likely to be for a complete novice? Anyone got experience of this particular product and / or tips for a noob?

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Cheap DA Polisher

Post by Nanu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:50 pm

That's the one I have and works fine for me and I am a novice in that department.

All the write ups I saw could only find fault with the zip on the carry bag it comes in. Yes the zip did give in after opening it twice.

Other DA polishers will be better but more expensive. You get what you pay for. The amount the likes of us use them, I am happy with the VonHaus which does what it says on the tin.

Make sure you get the right polish for the job though. Others on here will be more experienced than I but money spent in that department is more important I would suggest.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Colin_E

Cheap DA Polisher

Post by Colin_E » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:36 pm

That’s encouraging news. I made it through many years of somewhat cursory car washing - let alone anything more serious - so I don’t want to spend a lot more than this yet I’m tempted to give it a try. Any thoughts on which polish? I have some Autoglym stuff though I see that Meguairs Ultimate compound seems to be a favourite choice.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Cheap DA Polisher

Post by Nanu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:43 pm

Plenty of stuff on that subject on the Detailing & Bodywork forum.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White