Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AUX Port Problem - No Sound!

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 pm

I am having problems with the aux port. Today I started the car and started car play on my MMI box which gets sound via the AUX port. I can see CarPlay working, if I change the tracks, start or pause music or change playlists etc. you can see all the changes happening in CarPlay but I wasn't getting any sound.

So I tried unplugging the plugging the cable in the aux port but nothing, next went into the BMW idrive settings to make sure AUX was selected which it was but still nothing. Now I was started thinking maybe there is a fault with the CarPlay MMI box so I unplugged the CarPlay from the AUX and plugged in a cheap bluetooth streamer which I had from before but again no sound. Fiddle around with it for a bit plugging unplugging etc. and eventually I got some sound from the streamer, so I unplugged it and plugged the CarPlay MMI box back in and got sound from that too. Put it down to a glitch or something and switched car off locked it and went indoors.

A few hours later got back in the car and once again no sound from the Aux port! Doing the test above I know it isn't the MMI / CarPlay box or any other device but more so a problem with something in the car.

Before I buy a new AUX port does anyone know if I can test it somehow to be sure it is the actually the AUX port which is defective and not some other issue further down the line somewhere?
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Anyone have any ideas?

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:57 pm

None mate sorry.. Only thing I can add is it wouldn't be the first aux port to crap out going on past threads
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Weirdly it's all working fine today. I hope the problem does not return!