Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD E89 Z4 23i Price drop to £9250

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Woodrow

E89 Z4 23i

Post by Woodrow » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:55 am

I sold my Coupe and it was less than 2 months before being back in another with lots of “Why did I sell”. I’ll not let another one go as quick. :driving:

jimbos

E89 Z4 23i

Post by jimbos » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Lovely car

jimbos

E89 Z4 23i

Post by jimbos » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:44 pm

Is it my eyes or are the wheels different in some of the photos?

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Z4 23i

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:26 pm

jimbos wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:44 pm Is it my eyes or are the wheels different in some of the photos?
Its had 3 sets of wheels in my ownership so yes they are different in some older pics, it sits on the multispokes you see in the majority of the pics
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Z4 23i

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Ok so the car I was going to see tomorrow has sold today so for now Im withdrawing this from sale and will most likely keep for another year.. Thanks for all the positive comments about the car, actually made me realise how lucky I am to own it :driving:

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:15 pm

That’s a bollocks about the prospective purchase but I’m sure it’ll not be too much of a hardship keeping the Zed for another wee while until something else that catches your eye pops up :thumbsup:
Last edited by Argyll Andy on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:17 pm

Woodrow wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:55 am I sold my Coupe and it was less than 2 months before being back in another with lots of “Why did I sell”. I’ll not let another one go as quick. :driving:
    I took a deposit on my first one after I'd had a last drive in it then realised what I had done - 3 days later I left a deposit on my second one! :lol:

OP you may have dodged a case of seller's regret!
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

mr.tourette
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:17 pm
    Woodrow wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:55 am I sold my Coupe and it was less than 2 months before being back in another with lots of “Why did I sell”. I’ll not let another one go as quick. :driving:
    I took a deposit on my first one after I'd had a last drive in it then realised what I had done - 3 days later I left a deposit on my second one! :lol:

:) I was already feeling a bit daft listing it after getting it looking so nice and pretty sure I would have regretted it

Mr Tidy
    Legend
    Legend

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:21 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:16 pm :) I was already feeling a bit daft listing it after getting it looking so nice and pretty sure I would have regretted it
    Well that might depend upon what the potential replacement was going to be!

But even though that fell through at least you get to keep enjoying your Z4 - unless you give in to temptation again. :lol:
    Coupes because stunning!
    Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
    Gone - Montego Blue
    Gone - Ruby Black

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:48 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:16 pm
    Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:17 pm

:) I was already feeling a bit daft listing it after getting it looking so nice and pretty sure I would have regretted it
    Surely the best time to sell but I think you would have thought why eventually - its a great looking zed :thumbsup:
    M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

mr.tourette
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by mr.tourette » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 pm

It really is, was out for a spin today and love driving this thing, the urge to try an sl is still there but finding one with a white interior is few and far between, when one came up recently I hoped it might hang around long enough to shift the zed as it was priced top end for a private sale but it went really quickly

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:14 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 pm It really is, was out for a spin today and love driving this thing, the urge to try an sl is still there but finding one with a white interior is few and far between, when one came up recently I hoped it might hang around long enough to shift the zed as it was priced top end for a private sale but it went really quickly
    I think you may have regretted selling - the car is one of the better ones out there and if it was on fleabay you may be regretting it now as it would have sold very quickly.

I have an itch for a 35i or 35iS but not certain what more I would gain over what I have other than power I cant really use - will do it one day but for now I am quite happy :thumbsup:
    M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Davydoit

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Davydoit » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Stunning looking car with that colour combo and the finer detail you have put into the car makes it very special.
    I have been considering an e89 for some time since selling my e85 which I regretted immediately incidentally. My budget would not have stretched to your car unfortunately but I am interesting in the Quantum remap you have done. I think the 23i should more than suffice but there is always that thinking of more power, 3.0i? You mention the Quantum map gives more low down urge so I guess it has made the 23i more flexible?
    Really interested to hear more about what 23i owners think of their cars.

Thanks in advance.

mr.tourette
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Davydoit wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:30 pm Stunning looking car with that colour combo and the finer detail you have put into the car makes it very special.
    I have been considering an e89 for some time since selling my e85 which I regretted immediately incidentally. My budget would not have stretched to your car unfortunately but I am interesting in the Quantum remap you have done. I think the 23i should more than suffice but there is always that thinking of more power, 3.0i? You mention the Quantum map gives more low down urge so I guess it has made the 23i more flexible?
    Really interested to hear more about what 23i owners think of their cars.

Thanks in advance.
    The 23i has just enough oomph to have a bit of fun, it does lack the initial shove of a 3.0si low-down in the rev range but once you get into its power band it moves on quick enough if you keep it spinning there, the remap just manages to give that bit of extra torque lower down i.e sub 3k revs and just allows it to pick up into the optimum power range a bit quicker.. Its not a night and day improvement like a turbo car but its a noticeable difference all the same.
    I came from a nice 3.0si and dont regret it at all but then I always treated the 3.0si as a sunny day cruiser rather than a balls out sport car so I dont really miss the extra 50 horses as I could have stretched to a 30i but colour combo and ride comfort was more of a priority so a 23i in se spec was fine as far as I was concerned.. Fantastic car, I love the improved ride quality over the e85 and general comfort, slightly roomier cabin and quality of interior, personally I think its a better looking car although for a long time as an e85 owner I hated the rear end but its grown on me. Im not one of these chaps that drive roof down everywhere so the tin top is a welcome addition as wind noise is much reduced. I think its a great car and couldn't see myself going back to an e85
    Last edited by mr.tourette on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davydoit

E89 Z4 23i... WITHDRAWN!

Post by Davydoit » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Thank you for your informative input, I guess the e89 is that bit more refined and grown up. I also take your point with the se spec’, the sports look great with their 19”” alloys and their lower stance but the reality is our roads are awful so why live with such an unsettled ride.
    Need to get on the search and find one now.