Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why are mentions of 'Z e d s h e d' being censored...

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Joycey

Post by Joycey » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:01 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:24 pm
Joycey wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:33 pm Because there are two garages called Zed.shed and it caused some friction. One was around long time before the other.
But I thought only one of them was a registered business?
This is true, we're only a community run garage, just as well I don't want the bailiffs knocking at my door...

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pm

ZZ-Big-Top?
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:46 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pmZZ-Big-Top?
Get lots of trade if it was ZZ-Big'n'Topless :titshake:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 pm

PerryGunn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:49 pm Surely this prevents searches for potential problems/issues with Zed5hed - I don't recall this being done for any other dealers/garages with which people have experienced problems?
It still appears in searches, but any posts in the forum services section do not appear in search results. That is because the only way to exclude it from ‘new posts’ is to remove it from the searchable parts of the forum.

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:25 pm

Wondermike wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:37 pm
PerryGunn wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:49 pm Surely this prevents searches for potential problems/issues with Zed5hed - I don't recall this being done for any other dealers/garages with which people have experienced problems?
It still appears in searches, but any posts in the forum services section do not appear in search results. That is because the only way to exclude it from ‘new posts’ is to remove it from the searchable parts of the forum.
That explains why a search for 'z e d s h e d' (without the spaces) only returns 37 results (with it shown as asterisks in the posts) out of the ?hundreds? of posts in which the word has appeared. Doesn't really help anyone doing searches for feedback/opinions as they'd be unaware that there are lots of other posts hidden from the search results.

Joycey explained the issue but it's a pity there's not a more elegant way of doing this
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Joycey

Post by Joycey » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm

I've said it before I'm really not that bothered and I actually use a different name when it's not forum related. At the time it was just a real shame to hear the issues people were having, nothing I've experienced first hand and only what's been communicated on here.