Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The August 2021 Photo Competition - Comments

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 pm

This thread has been created for discussion about the photo competition entries.
Please keep the image thread comment-free.

Contest entries go here:

TheDan

Post by TheDan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:54 pm

Does anyone else get a little peeved with the forum upload often completely ruining quality and/or sharpness of our photos? There are times (more often than not) where I can't completely get rid of the "blurryness" of the photo despite the version on my PC being perfectly sharp (even when re-sized to 1200px).

Obviously I know there are limitations with any forum photo hosting service due to file size and resolution limits, but I was wondering if there was a better way to host images for these sort of photo competitions only. Flickr albums perhaps? The down side is it would likely make sorting the photos for the voting thread a bit annoying.

It could just be me though and maybe I need to improve my photography skills! :rofl:

But anyway... The photo I submitted is from my recent trip to Scotland at the famous "Rest and be Thankful Viewpoint". I was very lucky to get that spot as there was a crane lorry hogging most of it!!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:59 pm

We have been encouraging the upload feature because back in the day when Photobucket stopped free hosting and everyone got fed up with it, the forum lost loads of linked images.

The compression is a bit annoying but one reason why we insist on all entries using the upload feature is that it makes them all equal, so if your image looks better on Flickr, then the chances are that everyone else’s will as well.

Nothing to stop you posting some great Flickr images into the gallery in your own thread :thumbsup: