Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Options missing & not available

Discussing the current generation Z4
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 pm

Struggling to understand why BMW don’t offer these on a premium roadster:

High end Hifi…ie, Burmester for those that like a very good system
Cooled seats…why oh why not offer these
A much wider range of exterior colours

Other than these no issues personally…mega comfy torquey roady with excellent handling. Really liking it. :driving:

((Hopefully the doom gloom ultra serious don’t dare say anything remotely negative about our ultra serious better than sex G29 brigade don't take offence. :)

Actually f**k ‘em…I don’t give two shites…. :lol: )
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:35 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 pm High end Hifi…ie, Burmester for those that like a very good system - I would’ve paid for this option but my H&K is better than expected
Cooled seats…why oh why not offer these - I live in Scotland……………… I’ve got them all the time :lol:
A much wider range of exterior colours - I think this limits sales. I officially asked for an individual paint colour and was politely refused, VERY quickly :thumbsdown:

But all in loving the car so far :driving:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

john-e89
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:41 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:35 pm
    john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 pm High end Hifi…ie, Burmester for those that like a very good system - I would’ve paid for this option but my H&K is better than expected
    Cooled seats…why oh why not offer these - I live in Scotland……………… I’ve got them all the time :lol:
    A much wider range of exterior colours - I think this limits sales. I officially asked for an individual paint colour and was politely refused, VERY quickly :thumbsdown:

What makes you say that Andy..? The colours I mean.
    Last edited by john-e89 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    MR2 MK 2
    E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
    E89 35is
    G29

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:41 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:35 pm

What makes you say that Andy..?
    What bit John?

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

john-e89
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 pm

Sorry colours :roll:
      MR2 MK 2
      E89 35is
      G29

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:56 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 pm Sorry colours :roll:
      :thumbsup: personally, I think the lack of colours may cause a limit on the number of sales. We were very undecided about colour right up until confirming our order. We went to look at a red one the night before. If we weren’t so set on a G29 the colour choices may have made us look elsewhere.

I would’ve liked something brighter like an orange/green/yellow. Kathleen would’ve definitely have liked the choice of something like mineral/slate/Nardo grey etc.

The dealer was great and said he didn’t think BMW would allow me to gat an individual paint job (at £5k :cry: ) but the request could be made. As said they very politely came back and said the only individual colour for the G29 was frozen grey and at the moment I couldn’t request any other colour.

The salesman I was dealing with did say he had at least one sale fall through, and another saleswoman also did, because of the lack of choice of colours. Both people went on to buy Boxters in bright colours.

He did suggest that part of any LCI for the G29 might include more colours added to the range but it was too new to have any idea if that would be the case :thumbsup:

john-e89
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:56 pm
        john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 pm Sorry colours :roll:
        :thumbsup: personally, I think the lack of colours may cause a limit on the number of sales. We were very undecided about colour right up until confirming our order. We went to look at a red one the night before. If we weren’t so set on a G29 the colour choices may have made us look elsewhere.

I would’ve liked something brighter like an orange/green/yellow. Kathleen would’ve definitely have liked the choice of something like mineral/slate/Nardo grey etc.

The dealer was great and said he didn’t think BMW would allow me to gat an individual paint job (at £5k :cry: ) but the request could be made. As said they very politely came back and said the only individual colour for the G29 was frozen grey and at the moment I couldn’t request any other colour.

The salesman I was dealing with did say he had at least one sale fall through, and another saleswoman also did, because of the lack of choice of colours. Both people went on to buy Boxters in bright colours.

He did suggest that part of any LCI for the G29 might include more colours added to the range but it was too new to have any idea if that would be the case :thumbsup:
        Sorry I’m a bit lost Andy. You said colour might limit sales which is what I was getting at in my opening post. :thumbsup:
        MR2 MK 2
        E89 35is
        G29

john-e89
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 pm

These missing options were not enough to make me decline the car…..obvs as I have one….but having the choice of these would be excellent imho.
        MR2 MK 2
        E89 35is
        G29

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:12 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:01 pm Sorry I’m a bit lost Andy. You said colour might limit sales which is what I was getting at in my opening post.
        Aye, I know you’ll find this hard to believe, but for once I’m agreeing with you :poke: :rofl:

And stating the obvious not enough to put me off and look elsewhere, but…………. If I’m looking to replace it I don’t know if I’d buy another blue one which might leave me in a bit of quandary unless new colours are available by then :thumbsup:

john-e89
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:12 pm
          john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:01 pm Sorry I’m a bit lost Andy. You said colour might limit sales which is what I was getting at in my opening post.
          Aye, I know you’ll find this hard to believe, but for once I’m agreeing with you :poke: :rofl:

And stating the obvious not enough to put me off and look elsewhere, but…………. If I’m looking to replace it I don’t know if I’d buy another blue one which might leave me in a bit of quandary unless new colours are available by then :thumbsup:
          Ahhhhhh it’s the agreeing bit that threw me…. :lol:

I’m the same, not bad enough to not make me order one but a mineral grey for eg, would have been good. Maybe just me but I’m not good with heat, this weather is killing me, got cooled seats in the Evoque and they’re epic, can’t understand why they’re not an option here. :idunno:
          MR2 MK 2
          E89 35is
          G29

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:33 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 pm
          Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:12 pm

I’m the same, not bad enough to not make me order one but a mineral grey for eg, would have been good. Maybe just me but I’m not good with heat, this weather is killing me, got cooled seats in the Evoque and they’re epic, can’t understand why they’re not an option here. :idunno:
          I knew it would :lol:

Yes if mineral grey had been available I think that’s what we would’ve gone for but I do like the Misano :thumbsup:

I think the cooled seats are like you say, you’ve had them so miss them, I’ve not so they don’t bother me. Saying that, I wouldn’t now like to be without my active cruise and heated steering wheel now I’ve had them

john-e89
            Lifer
            Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:54 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:33 pm
            john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 pm
            Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:12 pm Aye, I know you’ll find this hard to believe, but for once I’m agreeing with you :poke: :rofl:

I knew it would :lol:

Yes if mineral grey had been available I think that’s what we would’ve gone for but I do like the Misano :thumbsup:

I think the cooled seats are like you say, you’ve had them so miss them, I’ve not so they don’t bother me. Saying that, I wouldn’t now like to be without my active cruise and heated steering wheel now I’ve had them
            Active cruise is on a level with the wheel and bread as an invention…. :thumbsup:
            MR2 MK 2
            E89 35is
            G29

ori

Post by ori » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:52 am

Ok. So I agree about colours. There should be more options, but I wonder how much cost that adds?
            The sound system is tough one. I mean it’s a 4K option on the Porsche so assume similar here. I wouldn’t spec it, but I understand how some people would.

Cooled seats. Had that on my dads car. Can’t say I miss it, but I feel it should be standard on the top end g29.

Can’t wait for my adaptive cruise control. ;)))

mr.tourette
            Lifer
            Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:21 pm

cooled seats should be standard never mind an option..they come standard on a mondeo titanium x ffs :?
            if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:37 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 pm High end Hifi…ie, Burmester for those that like a very good system
            Never mind heated, ventilated or massage seats, the new BMW iX has Bowers & Wilkins speakers in the seats. Bass speakers in the seat and lower lumber area and linear speakers in the head support, lovely. Turn up that bass...
            Attachments
            B&W Speaker in seat3.jpg
            B&W Speaker in seat3.jpg (37.41 KiB) Viewed 713 times
            B&W Speaker in seat2.jpg
            B&W Speaker in seat2.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 713 times
            B&W Speaker in seat1.jpg
            B&W Speaker in seat1.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 713 times
            I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?