Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Problems with "The Zed Shed"

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
utb

Post by utb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Hi all - has anyone else had any problems with The Zed Shed? I recently paid an oil sump off him, which I was told would arrive by end of the week. Now, nearly two weeks since sending the money, I still haven't received it and he is now not taking my messages (ignoring phone and Whatsapp). So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar experience? I'm beginning to think I may have been ripped-off...

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Are there several Zed Sheds?

utb

Post by utb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

It’s the one on North west. Think the fellas name is Mike.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Rockhopper wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:20 pm Are there several Zed Sheds?
I have an ominous feeling this will be the one with a view of a lake with ducks on it. :roll:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:23 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm
Rockhopper wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:20 pm Are there several Zed Sheds?
I have an ominous feeling this will be the one with a view of a lake with ducks on it. :roll:
utb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm It’s the one on North west. Think the fellas name is Mike.
Yup!

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

utb

Post by utb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:40 pm

utb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm It’s the one on North west. Think the fellas name is Mike.
Yup!
[/quote]

That doesn’t sound good. Are you saying he’s done this sort of thing before and I may well be out of pocket?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:46 pm

utb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:40 pm
Yup!
That doesn’t sound good. Are you saying he’s done this sort of thing before and I may well be out of pocket?
[/quote]
Well if you look for ducklakeview on here you'll learn more.
I have never used his services so am unqualified to comment.
Many people sing his praises and many people have had bad experiences.
Reading between the lines I suspect he is good at his work, possibly overstretches himself and is not the best communicator by quite a margin.
He did start up again on here a couple of weeks back, as the Zed Shed, so maybe search on here and PM him.
Some folk dive straight in on the attack, but I'd suggest gaining a proper understanding of the situation first may make any transactions a little less fraught.

utb

Post by utb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks for the info enuff_zed.

I'm not able to pm @The Zed Shed. Looks like he's not set up for messaging on here. I've tried with @Ducklakeview

I also am not one to dive straight in on the attack, but he is not taking any of my calls nor responding to my messages. Pretty poor show if you ask me and not really a decent way to run a business.

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:10 pm

There was a time when his service was first rate. I had some work done and he did a great job. Then things went pear shaped and a lot of members complained. He seemed to disappear off the radar and didn’t respond. He has only resurfaced recently. So it doesn’t bode well.

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:21 pm

utb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:06 pm Thanks for the info enuff_zed.

I'm not able to pm @The Zed Shed. Looks like he's not set up for messaging on here. I've tried with @Ducklakeview

I also am not one to dive straight in on the attack, but he is not taking any of my calls nor responding to my messages. Pretty poor show if you ask me and not really a decent way to run a business.
I'm willing to bet he is stacked out. As enuff_zed said, he takes on more work than he can handle because he is good with these cars. The last time I was there I said he needed to get some help but he said he didn't trust anyone to do the work to his standard.

My advice is, if want something from Mike, go and see him.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 pm

IRD wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:10 pm There was a time when his service was first rate. I had some work done and he did a great job. Then things went pear shaped and a lot of members complained. He seemed to disappear off the radar and didn’t respond. He has only resurfaced recently. So it doesn’t bode well.
Yes,he started off very well,and even supported our Raffle with a Prize at the National meet,a few years ago.
Alot of people do rate him highly,but Alot of people who had bought exhausts etc off him prior to Covid, never got their stuff they had bought,with some taking him to small claims court.
All a shame really,as he seems a nice enough guy,when I spoke to him years back.

Hopefully you get it sorted op.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:33 pm

I’m a member of a Facebook group which is apparently run by him - many people singing his praises on there, but then if he runs the group that’s to be expected :rofl:

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:45 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 pm
IRD wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:10 pm There was a time when his service was first rate. I had some work done and he did a great job. Then things went pear shaped and a lot of members complained. He seemed to disappear off the radar and didn’t respond. He has only resurfaced recently. So it doesn’t bode well.
Yes,he started off very well,and even supported our Raffle with a Prize at the National meet,a few years ago.
Alot of people do rate him highly,but Alot of people who had bought exhausts etc off him prior to Covid, never got their stuff they had bought,with some taking him to small claims court.
All a shame really,as he seems a nice enough guy,when I spoke to him years back.

Hopefully you get it sorted op.
He came to my house on his way back from Peterborough where he had done a ‘group’ roof motor move and did the same for me. He was really nice and helpful. I found it difficult to equate my experience to some of the problems that subsequently surfaced. I believe when things began to go wrong he had some serious worries about his young daughter’s health. I think he had to take her to the USA for treatment but I don’t know what the outcome was. I was pleased to see him on the Forum again because he has an extensive knowledge of Zs and a lot of talent.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Does anybody know if he is actually a mechanic?
I know he has his car business now but he started off doing odd jobs in his driveway while owning an off-license.
He has had a lot of people over the years backing him up when things went wrong but to me there is no excuse for ignoring emails, texts, whatsapps, phone calls etc. Just answer people and tell the truth even if its not what people want to hear.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:30 pm

I don't know his background but I seem to recall he had previously worked as a mechanic.

My 2nd Coupe had advisories for corroded rear brake pipes on it's MOT when I bought it in May 2016, and unsurprisingly got them again when I got it tested. I was staying with a friend in Cheshire in December 2016 and took the opportunity to take it to Mike when he was doing jobs at home. He replaced them in copper for £100 and cut and coded a flip-style key for another £80 (the car only came with one). He even deleted the old key programmes.

Next time I took the car to my BMW Indy he commented on the quality of the new brake pipes, so my only experience was positive.

But if anyone wants to read the whole sorry saga here is a link:- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105182

Then form your own opinion.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black