Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Centre console trim removal - help please

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 pm

TomK wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:57 pm
Chris_D wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 pm
TomK wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:41 pm Well I've seen the invite link being directly posted on this forum in the last week by another member, so just naming the website seems really not a big deal, but by all means get on your high horse. :roll: everyone knows about this place.
ok, so just because some other dufus here posted a link you think it exonerates you from adding to the risk of the workaround site being taken down?
great logic. keep it up fella.
:thumbsup:
If it really bothers you sharing the knowledge with others why not just download the contents of the site and have it offline, it's not hard dufus. No need for you to worry then :roll:
That's not the fkg point though is it!
The point is that there are many who use and rely on that site to do jobs on their cars and the fact is that BMW ordered it taken down. So the originators made a workaround site and specifically requested registrees to keep it quiet as per the screenshot.
But that doesn't matter to selfish individuals like you of course does it? You'll download the site in order to have the offline info at your own disposal and sod everyone else if the site gets taken down because of idiots like you who decided to post info about it on forums and put it at risk of being taken down again!

:headbang:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

TomK

Post by TomK » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 pm

Chris_D wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 pm
TomK wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:57 pm
Chris_D wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 pm ok, so just because some other dufus here posted a link you think it exonerates you from adding to the risk of the workaround site being taken down?
great logic. keep it up fella.
:thumbsup:
If it really bothers you sharing the knowledge with others why not just download the contents of the site and have it offline, it's not hard dufus. No need for you to worry then :roll:
That's not the fkg point though is it!
The point is that there are many who use and rely on that site to do jobs on their cars and the fact is that BMW ordered it taken down. So the originators made a workaround site and specifically requested registrees to keep it quiet as per the screenshot.
But that doesn't matter to selfish individuals like you of course does it? You'll download the site in order to have the offline info at your own disposal and sod everyone else if the site gets taken down because of idiots like you who decided to post info about it on forums and put it at risk of being taken down again!

:headbang:
I think you're missing the point, but never mind, sounds like we won't agree on this. I (and most other people I imagine) already have TIS, it's freely available so an offline copy is always available in any case. I think the selfishness here is not pointing members to a resource if they ask, the website owners can of course refuse new sign ups so I'm not sure why you are getting your knickers in such a twist.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Shakespeares

Post by Shakespeares » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:45 am

TomK wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Thank you Tom, this site need a invite link?