Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

G29 Exhaust Soundtrack

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

G29 Exhaust Soundtrack

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:27 pm

ori wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:03 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:42 pm Cheers Andy, found it and turned off.
I must be in the minority as I don’t mind it.
I'll try it with it off, in the video Andy linked the presenter shared a sound clip and pointed out you can hear the gear changes. That would suit me, hate why gear position isn't displayed in all circumstances.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

cwunch

G29 Exhaust Soundtrack

Post by cwunch » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:02 pm

As far as I know, as of 06.2020, almost all sports models got an update on the ecu, which deleted or significantly reduced burbles/crackles map. (As of 06.2019, they also added OPF in the exhaust system. We all have it, front half of our mid silencer is OPF)

My Z4 30i is build 11.2019, so I can hear some crackling sounds sometimes. I don’t know when does exhaust flap open, but I think I hear them in sports mode.

I have seen a 2021 model 30i, who also installed an M performance exhaust (of some other model, there is no specific for Z’s), who is not satisfied with the sound…

I have plans, either deleting the mid silencer&opf, or leaving it as it is and making a custom rear silencer or converting&installing a motorcycle Akrapovic exhaust to the end with right/left tips. (My only concern is keeping or removing the electronic flap actuator.)

Or, I might keep everything stock, and my tuner can increase the duration & aggresiveness of the existing burble map, with a soft performance tune.

Ledg

G29 Exhaust Soundtrack

Post by Ledg » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 am

I have a 30i build date February 2020, I some times get an odd crackle, I think like someone else said its on the lower revs, only really hear it with the roof down. Ive used bimmerlink to have the exhaust flaps open all the time, definitely sounds better with them open. Ive also turned the fake sound off, but I found with the roof on the car is just too quite, looses a bit of the sensation of speed, so I turned it back on