Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Our Escape to the Country

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 10:05 am

So as some of you already know by the sale of my E89 my wife and I have decided to move from Kent to North Yorkshire, preferably The Dales. We have always wanted to get into the country more and actually live in it rather than have to drive to get anywhere nice. We are still young enough and fit enough to be able to do this now. Our daughter is settled and living in Bolton and also 5 months pregnant and our son is at Sunderland University so the North seemed like the natural choice.
We sold our home very quickly and initially we are going to rent somewhere within North Yorkshire so that we can scope the area and find our perfect home. I still have my ZMR so hopefully I’ll get more use out of it than I do now.
Work wise my wife is an Accountant and works for a Chartered Accountancy Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and on Monday and Friday she works for herself. The close knit company she works for are more than happy for her to work remotely so that’s good. I on the other hand being a SMART Repairer will basically be starting again. I still hope to work mobile and also hope to have a workshop set up at home to cater for paintwork, detailing and general upkeep of cars.
Anyway, I will keep you updated on our progress for those that are interested :thumbsup:
I forgot to say we are spending a week in Penrith from next week.

BeeEmm

Post by BeeEmm » Thu May 06, 2021 10:13 am

Exciting times. I wish you and your business every success.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 10:16 am

BeeEmm wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:13 am Exciting times. I wish you and your business every success.
Thank you BeeEmm :thumbsup:

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 am

Sounds like a great move..best of luck with it all :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 am

mr.tourette wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 am Sounds like a great move..best of luck with it all :thumbsup:
Thank you mr.tourette :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu May 06, 2021 10:52 am

Good luck with the move and restarting the business - get a website up and running and some recommendations from your customers down south, I am sure it will work well :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 am

Great move. I'm sure it will go well for you and your family, clearly well thought threw. Keep us posted and enjoy the Moors up there in the ///MR. :thumbsup:

Best thing we ever did was moving from the SE rat race to Cornwall. :wink:

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 11:14 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:52 am Good luck with the move and restarting the business - get a website up and running and some recommendations from your customers down south, I am sure it will work well :thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup:

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 am

buzyg wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 am Great move. I'm sure it will go well for you and your family, clearly well thought threw. Keep us posted and enjoy the Moors up there in the ///MR. :thumbsup:

Best thing we ever did was moving from the SE rat race to Cornwall. :wink:
Thanks John, I hope it works for us to :thumbsup:

CryptoWhale

Post by CryptoWhale » Thu May 06, 2021 1:30 pm

Best of luck Lynchy :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu May 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Great stuff, and makes a lot of sense with the rest of the family up there as well. That is all that is stopping me really.

I bet you can double the size of the house as well up north for the same money as the house down south.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 pm

CryptoWhale wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:30 pm Best of luck Lynchy :thumbsup:
Thanks Andy :thumbsup:

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 pm

pvr wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:35 pm Great stuff, and makes a lot of sense with the rest of the family up there as well. That is all that is stopping me really.

I bet you can double the size of the house as well up north for the same money as the house down south.
I’d be happy to have the same size home but with lots of space around me and a very large workshop :wink:

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu May 06, 2021 2:16 pm

There are never enough guys with your range of skills so I am sure you will soon build up a new business. Mind you some parts of the Yorkshire Dales are pretty remote with low population levels. If you were to settle somewhere like Northallerton, often described as the gateway to the Dales, you would have access to clients from Teeside too. :thumbsup:

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu May 06, 2021 3:10 pm

IRD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:16 pm There are never enough guys with your range of skills so I am sure you will soon build up a new business. Mind you some parts of the Yorkshire Dales are pretty remote with low population levels. If you were to settle somewhere like Northallerton, often described as the gateway to the Dales, you would have access to clients from Teeside too. :thumbsup:
Thanks IRD, I’ll bare that in mind :thumbsup: