Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Inaccurate "quotes"

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Jembo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:41 pm

srhutch wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:27 pm PICNIC = Problem In Chair, Not In Computer
:thumbsup: as always, this forum continues to provide invaluable life skills

... & to confirm, just selecting part of the text & then the double inverted comma icon works perfectly
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:47 pm

With my posts disappearing before being posted and now this I am wondering if this is a battery issue - these Z4's are well known for different faults appearing when the battery gets worn out :lol:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:10 pm

This is still happening, cant ever remember it being a problem before
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 am

Still happening.....................................................

Clicky
Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 am
ProfCJJ wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:03 am
Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 am Here's a question for you. I know you'll colour it, but entertain me.
Two people stand next to each other - same age, weight, everything. Hell, just for the exercise, let's say the same person, just two of them.
One wears an approved PPE mask. One is vaccinated but wears no PPE whatsoever. I expose them to an aerosol from someone who has Covid and coughs in their direction from 2 metres away.
Who is most likely to catch the virus?
I’m not sure what you are getting at? And how does this address the risk point that was being made? We all know the vaccine does not prevent infection, it is shown to lessen the effects of the virus in many to the point it is not life threatening. So I don’t get the point of your question.
Another weird quote glitch here, it wasnt me that said that :idunno:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:09 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 am Still happening.....................................................

Clicky
Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 am

I’m not sure what you are getting at? And how does this address the risk point that was being made? We all know the vaccine does not prevent infection, it is shown to lessen the effects of the virus in many to the point it is not life threatening. So I don’t get the point of your question.
Another weird quote glitch here, it wasnt me that said that :idunno:
Indeed and most likely the same reason as previously mentioned. SPUTNIK. :wink:

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:12 am

buzyg wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:09 am Indeed and the most likely the same reason as previously mentioned. SPUNIC. :wink:
It isnt, there is something going on behind the scenes, as I have already pointed out for both of the instances that it happened to me I used the "quote" button on the post I wanted to quote, I didnt then alter the automatic coding for the quote in order to make it wrong and I seriously doubt others are doing the same.

There is a glitch

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:15 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:12 am
buzyg wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:09 am Indeed and most likely the same reason as previously mentioned. SPUTNIK. :wink:
It isnt, there is something going on behind the scenes, as I have already pointed out for both of the instances that it happened to me I used the "quote" button on the post I wanted to quote, I didnt then alter the automatic coding for the quote in order to make it wrong and I seriously doubt others are doing the same.

There is a glitch
I still blame the Russians. :wink:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am

You may have spotted that where I have just been quoted above, the quote is wrong. That one is I guess a buffering issue. Once you grab the previous post to quote it some one else can also edit it in parallel once they grab it. Then it's a matter of who sends it back to the forum first. Not a lot the forum can do about that.

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 am

buzyg wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am You may have spotted that where I have just been quoted above, the quote is wrong. That one is I guess a buffering issue. Once you grab the previous post to quote it some one else can also edit it in parallel once they grab it. Then it's a matter of who sends it back to the forum first. Not a lot the forum can do about that.
Its happening too frequently for that to be the explanation additionally the most recent example I posted above ProfCJJ commented at like 3am I seriously doubt the person he was quoting was altering their comment 18 hours after it was posted at 3am.

Post ProfCJJ tried to quote:
Z4C_er wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:33 am Here's a question for you. I know you'll colour it, but entertain me.
Two people stand next to each other - same age, weight, everything. Hell, just for the exercise, let's say the same person, just two of them.
One wears an approved PPE mask. One is vaccinated but wears no PPE whatsoever. I expose them to an aerosol from someone who has Covid and coughs in their direction from 2 metres away.
The quote that the forum actually posted:
Flyingfifer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 am Here's a question for you. I know you'll colour it, but entertain me.
Its not even like I posted at the same time as Z4C_er creating a sort of overlap in the post number or count, the IDs of the two quotes are:
Correct: post_id=1807327 time=1611740017 user_id=26120
Incorrect: post_id=1807020 time=1611658094 user_id=21658

For clarity I am not some IT illiterate boomer that cant "do the computers" or the "interwebs" I worked in IT for about 10 years accumulatively, have built my own website (years ago now) and build PCs. This isnt user error.

ProfCJJ

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by ProfCJJ » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm

“Insert quote in quick reply” must be to blame because that is what I used on that occasion. I didn’t check that it was attributing the quote to the right person - I assumed that it would!

Apologies once again.

Cheers
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:19 pm

ProfCJJ wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm “Insert quote in quick reply” must be to blame because that is what I used on that occasion. I didn’t check that it was attributing the quote to the right person - I assumed that it would!

Apologies once again.

Cheers
No apologies needed, I am 100% sure that its not user error, unless you manually re-coded the user_id and knew what mine is :rofl: :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:20 pm

ProfCJJ wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm “Insert quote in quick reply” must be to blame because that is what I used on that occasion. I didn’t check that it was attributing the quote to the right person - I assumed that it would!

Apologies once again.

Cheers
Just testing, I have manually pasted Buzyg's user_id into the quote

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:20 pm

Apologies once again.

Cheers
Just testing, I have manually pasted Buzyg's user_id into the quote
Ok, how about my own

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:36 pm “Insert quote in quick reply” must be to blame because that is what I used on that occasion. I didn’t check that it was attributing the quote to the right person - I assumed that it would!

Apologies once again.

Cheers
Ok how about just manually changing the quote name but leaving the id's the same...

Flyingfifer

Inaccurate "quotes"

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:26 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:07 pm Andy andy andy
Andy lemme know if you get a notification about this "quote" :thumbsup: