Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How-To: E86 CD changer cables for BlueMusic Bluetooth

FelipeFlop

Post by FelipeFlop » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:41 pm

The BlueMusic dongle is great - however if I did have any complaints, it would be that if I’m washing the car (or in the vicinity of the car) with Bluetooth headphones in, unlocking the car or opening a door will prioritise switching the signal to the car stereo, even when the key is out of the ignition.
It’s irritating to have to keep switching it back, and it does make me wonder whether there’s a constant drain on the battery and how it might impact the overall battery condition…
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Metallic, Indiv. Amarone Interior

mattimus

Post by mattimus » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:03 pm

Does the Bluemusic stay on even if another function (eg radio) is selected?

chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:19 pm

I have the same situation with mine jumping to the car when I unlock it.
Since it’s connected to the CD cabling and the stereo shuts off, I can’t see it draining the battery. I think it’s just very fast and efficient at connecting through Bluetooth.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

axelleveau

Post by axelleveau » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:33 am

Same issue with mine too but that is not the fault of the module, it is because of the radio unit itself. As soon as you unlock the car it powers up (in the background) and when you lock the car it will stay powered on for a few minutes. This powering up includes the BlueMusic. No risk to battery drain but obviously quite annoying when washing/wrenching on the car as it grabs the phone here and there.
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

NaweedMustafa

Post by NaweedMustafa » Mon May 08, 2023 4:43 pm

Before working on my car for prolonged periods of time with a portable speaker, i always hit "6" on the radio stack to set the bluemusic module to pairing mode, that way it "forgets" my device. only drawback to this is that when youre done, just remember to connect manually to the bluemusic via your smartphone
Current: 2003 3.0is | Sterling Grey | Dream Red
Previous: Bicycle. Never owned a car before

Emanresu

Post by Emanresu » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:41 am

Fitted in about 3 minutes thanks to this guide. Can finally ditch the annoying radio presenters, worth every penny!

PoW

Post by PoW » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:24 pm

It took me far longer than most people on this thread, but it's now done! The sound quality is excellent. Thanks to the OP for the guide.
'07 Montego Blue E86 Sport Manual