Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New owner of a 35iS

First port of call for new members
Zforbes

New owner of a 35iS

Post by Zforbes » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:51 pm

2 year review although slightly late.

Can't believe I've had this beast 2 years now, still love it the same as the day I bought it, reading problems pages regular, common issues I've got to say I must be bloody lucky,

Recently hit 66k miles so 16k in the 2 years and only issues I've had

The EPS steering motor replacement but even that was easily resolved.

An ignition coil went go but diagnosed replaced in a couple of hours.

Another issue I had a central locking issue that whilst it went on for a while was only a voltage issue and resolved with a replacement battery.

Couple of cracked 326M's, I need to replace the wheels at some point before the next one cracks but that goes without saying....

The future,... not selling, I maybe would if I can find anything prettier, nicer to drive and faster but my budget doesn't yet stretch to a McLaren P1 or even F1. :rofl:

I might be lurking for some time yet.

If you're considering jumping into an e89, in particular a 35is, don't wait, just do it, you won't regret it. :evil:

Ownership is a lot easier if you have an appreciation of all things mechanical and the assistance of a decent friendly and capable mechanic is always helpful.
E89 sDrive 35is Titan Silver Kansas Black Leather

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

New owner of a 35iS

Post by B21 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:17 am

Glad you enjoyed and are still enjoying your 35is..

As you say it’s a hard act to follow in terms of a roadster based package..the follow on products look and feel very different…for some that’s a good point for others maybe not…

Again, with mechanical knowledge and good technical support you can overcome most of the issues.

It does seem that’s it’s Russian roulette when it comes to the number and timing of 35is specific faults..you’ve been luckier than some others.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: