Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

"M" Specific discussion
insider

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by insider » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:52 pm

Next week is great! :)

Too bad for shift light, would be useful in a roadster where sun can get in the way of using all of endless rpms of s54 :)

Compaqnx

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by Compaqnx » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:22 pm

Hi Martyn, would 100% be interested in this!

Ed Doe

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by Ed Doe » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Martyn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:47 pm Tough to give an exact date but maybe in the next week or so potentially.

Providing the ECU is not locked to prevent reading by a previous tuner (a few do this to protect their IP) you'll be able to tweak freely. Naturally this won't effect existing tuning (ignition, vanos, fueling etc).
Do you know if evolve are amongst these? And if so, are you able to flash the oe map back on before tweaking?

I'm also definitely interested in either beta testing or paying for a tune eventually, my evolve one is fairly s**t, throttle is way way too aggressive even in comfort, and it also feels completely non-linear which can make it really challenging to balance on the throttle or drive on broken roads. Plus there's a soft limiter instead of proper hard one like the oe map. I'd definitley be interested in sorting the throttle out whcih it looks like you can, as well as possibly a slight rev limit raise. Also innterested in enabling mtrack mode if that's something you could do! :driving:
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Martyn

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by Martyn » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:06 am

Ed Doe wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:46 pm
Martyn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:47 pm Tough to give an exact date but maybe in the next week or so potentially.

Providing the ECU is not locked to prevent reading by a previous tuner (a few do this to protect their IP) you'll be able to tweak freely. Naturally this won't effect existing tuning (ignition, vanos, fueling etc).
Do you know if evolve are amongst these? And if so, are you able to flash the oe map back on before tweaking?

I'm also definitely interested in either beta testing or paying for a tune eventually, my evolve one is fairly s**t, throttle is way way too aggressive even in comfort, and it also feels completely non-linear which can make it really challenging to balance on the throttle or drive on broken roads. Plus there's a soft limiter instead of proper hard one like the oe map. I'd definitley be interested in sorting the throttle out whcih it looks like you can, as well as possibly a slight rev limit raise. Also innterested in enabling mtrack mode if that's something you could do! :driving:
It usually depends if you were sent a flashing cable (Evolve-R) or went to Evolve for the tune, if it was done remotely it's lilkely to be locked, if you went to their HQ then it probably won't be.

Flashing back to stock in order to allow you to tweak is no drama at all.

M-Track is an interesting one, I'll cover that in another post.

Ed Doe

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Martyn wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:06 am
Ed Doe wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:46 pm

It usually depends if you were sent a flashing cable (Evolve-R) or went to Evolve for the tune, if it was done remotely it's lilkely to be locked, if you went to their HQ then it probably won't be.

Flashing back to stock in order to allow you to tweak is no drama at all.

M-Track is an interesting one, I'll cover that in another post.
The Car was mapped by Evolve when it was with it's first owner, with before/after dyno runs, so be fairly sure it was done at their premises :) Either way it's not the best tune so I'd be happy enough skipping it! Very keen to hear from you once you've finished development, please do keep us all posted!

Also interested in MTrack stuff - will keep my eye out for the separate post :)
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

abar121

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by abar121 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:02 pm

That tool looks wonderful! Great job!
'07 Z4M Interlagos Blue. All options except extended leather.

M26MDM

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by M26MDM » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Any progress on this? I’ve used your software on my m3 and really want to do the same on my Z4M

Thanks!

Martyn

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by Martyn » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:48 pm

Still in progress.

I've been tied up with some other bits, but it will be coming! :)

maupineda

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by maupineda » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:54 pm

Hi, any updates on this?

bestgun

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by bestgun » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:08 pm

Martyn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:42 pm Continued testing my AlphaN tune, but switched over to a GSR box. As some of you know the boxes are made to fit the E46 M3 and not the Z4M so the snorkle piece doesn't fit.

I initially hacked the snorkle up a bit to give it the clearance but decided a better solution would be to design and 3d print my own version.

Hi Martyn - have sent you a DM. Hope that you might be happy sharing the 3D print file so that I might be able to print one of these locally in NZ! Thanks in advance.

AlexRL

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by AlexRL » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:48 pm

Hi all,

Having come back to the forum in search of another Z4MC, I can see this thread carried on and looks very promising.

Has there been any finalised solution using the stock Z4M DMEs yet? as I when I get another one, a carbon air box is definitely top of the list!

I think the ability to map yourself and switch between using a MAF/Alpha N would be great, as it would make for a much easier process when installing/removing the full "CSL" carbon air box yourself.

From the brief research I've done again, it seems places that can map these with Alpha N still seem few and far between, and costly, so failing the self mapping software above, does anyone have any recommendations for a tuner that can map these with all the extra features like the rev limit increase, etc. (preferably down south)?

Thanks in advance

Jon2215

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by Jon2215 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:28 pm

When went down the Alpha N route with mine I had Aaron from Areeves in Kings Lynn carry out the mapping and set up.
Great bloke,highly respected and recommended.
2007 M Coupe
Interlagos Blue,Sepang leather,carbon leather trim

bestgun

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by bestgun » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:39 pm

I went down the Evolve Automotive route with my Z4MC and was hugely impressed. Imran and his team really do know what they are doing.
https://www.evolveautomotive.com/produc ... 0613687587
Everything is supplied to do this yourself. The real benefit is their brilliant software interface easily downloaded onto your laptop. Kit includes OBD dongle, transfer cable, IAT sensor, and IAT extension cable (which I didn't need). Software downloads (and saves) your original tune. Email this to Evolve who modify to Alpha-N (and other mods if required) and return for simple download through your laptop back to the car. My tune was returned to me in less than 24 hours. 100% seamless and problem free process and car has never run better. I wouldn't hesitate recommending to anyone that wants to go the same way.

AlexRL

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by AlexRL » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:24 am

Jon2215 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:28 pm When went down the Alpha N route with mine I had Aaron from Areeves in Kings Lynn carry out the mapping and set up.
Great bloke,highly respected and recommended.
Ah yes, I seem to recall seeing they did this - how much do they charge for the tune?

I think my preference would still be to use the EcuWorx tool, as I could install/remove the airbox myself, save the trip and cost.

AlexRL

EcuWorx remap for Z4M

Post by AlexRL » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:34 am

bestgun wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:39 pm I went down the Evolve Automotive route with my Z4MC and was hugely impressed. Imran and his team really do know what they are doing.
https://www.evolveautomotive.com/produc ... 0613687587
Everything is supplied to do this yourself. The real benefit is their brilliant software interface easily downloaded onto your laptop. Kit includes OBD dongle, transfer cable, IAT sensor, and IAT extension cable (which I didn't need). Software downloads (and saves) your original tune. Email this to Evolve who modify to Alpha-N (and other mods if required) and return for simple download through your laptop back to the car. My tune was returned to me in less than 24 hours. 100% seamless and problem free process and car has never run better. I wouldn't hesitate recommending to anyone that wants to go the same way.
Thanks for that.

By any chance do you know if the EvolveR tool has the tune vin locked? As if it's something I could sell on afterwards, the cost wouldn't be too bad. For example, the Cobb accessport I used to tune my 981 GT4 wasn't vin locked, so I bought it used and will likely sell it on for what I paid.

It's probably worth noting for context that I'm trying to find a solution for the full carbon air box (so AlphaN) that I can install/remove easily, as I wouldn't get the value back leaving the air box on the car as and when I came to sell.