Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Forced admission for all Z4 e85/e86 (all engines)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Gazzzz

Post by Gazzzz » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:22 am

Hello, here are the photos of the printed last prototype. It works perfectly !
No tools needed, it clips onto the grille and fits in the glove box when it's not raining :thumbsup:
:!: it's a cheap 3D printing here, the final product will be completely smooth :!:

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi Gazzz,

This looks like a neat solution. Airflow is likely to decrease but there’s only so much you can use when it’s raining anyway.

Will you be making the rain guard and intake scoop for sale?

Gazzzz

Post by Gazzzz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:57 am

Hello.
Just some quick random pictures tu show you the difference between a "raw" scoop and a painted one:

raw (just printed, not sanded or painted):

painted:

And here is the difference between matt black and satin black:

And here is my homemade packaging, the post office in France is not very vigilant, so I put a box ..... in a box :D

S54 PILOT

Post by S54 PILOT » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:27 pm

do you have one for sale?

Gazzzz

Post by Gazzzz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:52 pm

S54 PILOT wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:27 pm S54 PILOT
Hey :)
What do you need, the scoop and the rain protection or just a scoop?

Z4MCoupe86

Post by Z4MCoupe86 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:57 pm

I'm interested in both.

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:20 am

Been keeping my eye on this, looks very professional.
Is there a group buy option for UK owners?
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Gazzzz

Post by Gazzzz » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Hey, thank you for your interest :thumbsup:
Yes of course it is possible to order !

A quick video to show you something.. cool with this scoop :evil:

S54 PILOT

Post by S54 PILOT » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Gazzzz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:52 pm
Just scoop

Z4MCoupe86

Post by Z4MCoupe86 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Excited to try this out!

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:20 am

Gazzzz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:33 pm Hey, thank you for your interest :thumbsup:
Yes of course it is possible to order !

A quick video to show you something.. cool with this scoop :evil:

Umm :?

Come on fella you have blinded us with science about the development of this project but steadfastly refuse to post any performance data. Some cloth being unsurprisingly sucked in to an inlet is no substitute for high speed run data showing that this mod does anything on an unmapped car as claimed.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

BTZ461

Post by BTZ461 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:00 am

Ewazix wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:20 am
Come on fella you have blinded us with science about the development of this project but steadfastly refuse to post any performance data. Some cloth being unsurprisingly sucked in to an inlet is no substitute for high speed run data showing that this mod does anything on an unmapped car as claimed.
I've followed Gazzzz's posts with interest and admire the thought that has gone into the development of this item.
Not an easy thing to do I'm sure. However nowhere have we read any claims or assertions that fitting this to our cars will increase either performance or power.
The concept that getting more air into the combustion chamber in a N/A engine will increase both the above has been around for generations, and in fact owners of cars fitted with the RPI scoop report increases to both the aural sensation and the "butt" dynometer. The producers of the item report a 7BHP increase, without much to substantiate this, other than a dyno graph.
Its obvious Gazzzz is a shoestring, not a commercial operation, in the fullness of time we may be able to view
some info that you think is necessary viewing prior to purchase. But not at this time
Hats off I say for the micro production of a great product :thumbsup:

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:32 pm

BTZ461 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:00 am
Ewazix wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:20 am
I've followed Gazzzz's posts with interest and admire the thought that has gone into the development of this item.
Not an easy thing to do I'm sure. However nowhere have we read any claims or assertions that fitting this to our cars will increase either performance or power.
The concept that getting more air into the combustion chamber in a N/A engine will increase both the above has been around for generations, and in fact owners of cars fitted with the RPI scoop report increases to both the aural sensation and the "butt" dynometer. The producers of the item report a 7BHP increase, without much to substantiate this, other than a dyno graph.
Its obvious Gazzzz is a shoestring, not a commercial operation, in the fullness of time we may be able to view
some info that you think is necessary viewing prior to purchase. But not at this time
Hats off I say for the micro production of a great product :thumbsup:
All good stuff, but potential 'gains' and plans for dyno and high speed run data have been discussed regularly since page 1.

I've been complimentary and a big supporter of the project, also engaging in some good humoured banter with the Gazzzz as well, but along with some others have always expressed doubts that the mod could do anything worthwhile on a standard map. Gazzzz said it could as he thought the car had sufficient latitude in the map to adjust and use any additional air-flow. All agreed the proof concept could only be decided with real-time data at higher speeds and options were discussed. It's just never happened which is a shame as a lot of us would love to know the answer and odd as several people are apparently running it. I love the enthusiasm and work that Gazzzz has done and genuinely hope the project successfully produces results. :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:47 am

Obviously it would be great if Gazzzz posted some data logs, but probably better if the people who have bought one did their own testing. Two have posted to this thread and I imagine there are more. Data logging software and an OBDII cable are cheap, so it's really only an investment in time (would have to revert to stock to get baseline logs).

I'll be testing one when I get it (waiting for the rain guard before I order as shipping to Australia will be pretty steep and would prefer not to pay it twice) and I have plenty of data logs from when the car was stock to various stages of exhaust (now running end-to-end Supersprint but also have data logs from when it was only V1 headers and S-pipe) and intake (Eventuri) and 6 different DME tunes.

You probably won't be able to buy these in five years' time, so if you're planning on keeping your car for the long-term (like I am), I would prefer to get one now and test it. Knowing it doesn't provide a benefit is better than be regretting not having the option down the track.

S54 PILOT

Post by S54 PILOT » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:28 pm

S54 PILOT wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Gazzzz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:52 pm
Just scoop
@Gazzzz - Just scoop