Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Forced admission for all Z4 e85/e86 (all engines)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Z4MCoupe86

Post by Z4MCoupe86 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:02 pm

Any updates on when these might ship?

norcal93

Post by norcal93 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:50 am

Hello,

Big fan of this product, any still left for purchasing?

Gazzzz

Post by Gazzzz » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:43 pm

Sorry for my absence,
yes available but with a few weeks delay because of the difficulties encountered by printers in obtaining somos for printing it. :x

norcal93

Post by norcal93 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 pm

:thumbsup: awesome, definitely worth the wait. How can I put in an order?

Barty

Post by Barty » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 am

norcal93 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 pm :thumbsup: awesome, definitely worth the wait. How can I put in an order?
Gazzzz, same as above; I’d love to get one of these :thumbsup:
Four Alfa's and a Ducati later, I've turned to the dark side...
"Drive German, wear Italian, kiss French"

Z4: Tiefgrüen Metallic E86 3.0Si / Insta @bartsbuilds

Beesza

Post by Beesza » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Gazzzz wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:43 pm Sorry for my absence,
yes available but with a few weeks delay because of the difficulties encountered by printers in obtaining somos for printing it. :x
I’m also interested to buy one of these. Very interesting project. Principles seem sound and it will be great to try this out. Are you having any more made? If so, how do I order? Looks like you have a nice little business now

OxfordGreen

Post by OxfordGreen » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:27 am

Add me to the list of interested in purchasing. Great work Gazzzz!

norcal93

Post by norcal93 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:30 am

Gazzzz, hope all is well and you can get some printed soon. You'll be my Santa if I can get my hands on it for Christmas! :D

MikeH596

Post by MikeH596 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:33 pm

+1 for getting one of these please

Limonge

Post by Limonge » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:58 pm

Any news? Is it possible to lower the price a little bit more via group buy?

Zedeau

Post by Zedeau » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi, looking to buy one of those too
Is there any before/after tests ?

Z4MCoupe86

Post by Z4MCoupe86 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 pm

I should be receiving this part later this week. I won't be able to do any data logging until the weather warms up (I don't drive my car in the winter time).

I figured I can try and outline how I'd like to approach testing, assuming others are interested in some of the expected results.

I have in my possession both an Eventuri intake, as well as the stock intake manifold. I currently have a stock tune using the MAF. Everything else on the car is currently stock.

I plan on data logging the following conditions:

1) eventuri with eventuri 'scoop'
2) stock intake with eventuri 'scoop'
3) stock intake without eventuri 'scoop' (so completely oem setup)
4) stock intake with this new ram scoop

I don't plan on using the new ram scoop with the eventuri intake because I don't want to create additional positive pressure under the hood beyond what I have at present. Also, the stock intake has the benefit of being a closed intake system.

I am open to suggestions in terms of what and how to log the data under these different conditions based on what folks are most interested in seeing.

In terms of what I'm hoping/expect to find, is:

- increased airflow and VE at WOT
- Improved throttle response on tip in, since I'm assuming manifold pressure should go less negative (absolute pressure) while at speed
- throttle to be more closed when cruising at highway speeds such that fuel consumption remains the same.

The big question is in terms of how much ram affect is seen under differnt conditions. If, at 70 mph there's a 1% increase in static pressure in the plenum, that would mean ~2-3 whp near the top of second gear. If it grows to 2% at 100 mph, that'd be about 5-6 whp.

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:48 am

Very interested in hearing how you go with this!

How did you get in touch with Gaaaz to order your scoop?

Depending on what parameters your logging solution can do, there are a few that would be interesting (MAF being the main one but IAT could be interesting too).

A few third gear runs from low revs to redline would be great. I was surprised how much difference my Eventuri, x-pipe and muffler upgrades made to third gear runs despite only showing 6hp on a dyno.

Also, what is your concern about positive pressure from combining the scoop with your Eventuri?

Z4MCoupe86 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 pm I should be receiving this part later this week. I won't be able to do any data logging until the weather warms up (I don't drive my car in the winter time).

I figured I can try and outline how I'd like to approach testing, assuming others are interested in some of the expected results.

I have in my possession both an Eventuri intake, as well as the stock intake manifold. I currently have a stock tune using the MAF. Everything else on the car is currently stock.

I plan on data logging the following conditions:

1) eventuri with eventuri 'scoop'
2) stock intake with eventuri 'scoop'
3) stock intake without eventuri 'scoop' (so completely oem setup)
4) stock intake with this new ram scoop

I don't plan on using the new ram scoop with the eventuri intake because I don't want to create additional positive pressure under the hood beyond what I have at present. Also, the stock intake has the benefit of being a closed intake system.

I am open to suggestions in terms of what and how to log the data under these different conditions based on what folks are most interested in seeing.

In terms of what I'm hoping/expect to find, is:

- increased airflow and VE at WOT
- Improved throttle response on tip in, since I'm assuming manifold pressure should go less negative (absolute pressure) while at speed
- throttle to be more closed when cruising at highway speeds such that fuel consumption remains the same.

The big question is in terms of how much ram affect is seen under differnt conditions. If, at 70 mph there's a 1% increase in static pressure in the plenum, that would mean ~2-3 whp near the top of second gear. If it grows to 2% at 100 mph, that'd be about 5-6 whp.

Z4MCoupe86

Post by Z4MCoupe86 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:13 pm

My concern is that at high speeds I end up generating even more lift on the front end than I do today (net increase around localized gradient emanating from the hood).

I was able to coordinate procurement after we exchanged contact info via PM.

Would be helpful if someone could plot a third gear run with the eventuri or oem intake so that, as I do it, can compare as a control. Check MAF and VE, normalized for iat and altitude. I have a us spec z4m.
///MBan wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:48 am Very interested in hearing how you go with this!

How did you get in touch with Gaaaz to order your scoop?

Depending on what parameters your logging solution can do, there are a few that would be interesting (MAF being the main one but IAT could be interesting too).

A few third gear runs from low revs to redline would be great. I was surprised how much difference my Eventuri, x-pipe and muffler upgrades made to third gear runs despite only showing 6hp on a dyno.

Also, what is your concern about positive pressure from combining the scoop with your Eventuri?

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:25 pm

Z4MCoupe86 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:13 pm My concern is that at high speeds I end up generating even more lift on the front end than I do today (net increase around localized gradient emanating from the hood).

I was able to coordinate procurement after we exchanged contact info via PM.

Would be helpful if someone could plot a third gear run with the eventuri or oem intake so that, as I do it, can compare as a control. Check MAF and VE, normalized for iat and altitude. I have a us spec z4m.
Thanks. Gaaaz has been a bit quiet on here for a while, so it's good to know he is still contactable.

I hadn't thought about more lift resulting from the scoop. I suppose this only relevant for really high speeds (i.e. 100mph+)?

I have a heap of logged third gear runs (stock as well as with Eventuri plus exhaust mods) but my car is a Euro spec, so not helpful.