Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW E89 Audio Systems and Upgrades

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Silverstar

BMW E89 Audio Systems and Upgrades

Post by Silverstar » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:12 pm

mlippett wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:23 am @Silverstar a couple more questions if I may - how difficult is it to get the wiring along the passenger side door sills - does the seat need to come out? Is it obvious which cables to hook into from the head unit? I'll follow your lead on the subs - no need for anything in the boot for me.
Regarding the wiring, it's not difficult and you don't need to remove the seat. Simply remove the sill trim, front kickpanel and the rear side trim (the part where the rear speaker is). When you take apart the trim in the boot to mount the amp you will see how the factory cables run towards the passenger side and simply follow their routing.

Regarding the subs, take into account the volume for the box for the subs you are looking at. In my thread you will see I sort of made up sealed boxes of the space where the factory sub and enclosures sit, that space was the minimum amount of volume required for the Kicker 6.75" subs. Different subs will have different requirements.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red