Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jack Stand Support Locations, etc.

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Woodrow

Post by Woodrow » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:21 pm

I like it. But not the 130 dollars for each jack. I might wait until others start to copy and the price goes down.

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:47 am

markplant wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:09 pm Just seen this
https://youtu.be/mJfNpN-YPO8
Nice design but at few pennies under $150 (USD) per stand (with shipping)...and to do both sides at one time $600 USD, that is just plain crazy. $50.00 each...OK, maybe, but at this price...dream on !!

Old-Duckman

Post by Old-Duckman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:19 am

https://www.amazon.com/VKRP-Enterprises ... V4DNBMX8HC

Saw this on Amazon. Nice idea and less expensive than the last one posted from Amazon. Plus this one looks easier to fabricate for someone with a hacksaw and a welding machine. Instead of the integral legs you could leave the top bar straight and put an axle stand at each end of the top bar once jacked up to the height you need. If your jack is narrow enough it might work, I haven't taken any measurements so I don't know if there is enough room to get an axle stand on each side of your jack and not interfere with the tire. The base of the axle stand would probably hit the tire, like I said, if your jack is wide...Don't know but food for thought...and some measuring.

chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:15 pm

Just came across this thread as I was jacking the E86 up on all four corners.
Got it done okay but wondered if anyone had ever made one of those bars that would attach to the jack points etc. Think enuff did a good drawing of it.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Mky77

Post by Mky77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:07 am

chanlon1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:15 pm Just came across this thread as I was jacking the E86 up on all four corners.
Got it done okay but wondered if anyone had ever made one of those bars that would attach to the jack points etc. Think enuff did a good drawing of it.
How did you do it? I need to Jack up all 4 corners and have spent hrs looking but no real explanation other than Jack rear corner and put stand at front, repeat on other side then Jack at rear from cross members point on subframe.

The bit that worries me having never done this is once one front stand is on and you Jack opposite side rear does the car not want to fall off the one jack stand as it must tilt on the jacking point/axle stand. Also if not 100% level ground there’s no wheels on ground to chock contributing to possible movement.

Did you also use jacking point hockey pucks with your axle stands?

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:14 pm

That method works fine, it’s how I do it. Yes I use a puck under the side but not at the rear as my jack has a rubber pad anyway.

Mky77

Post by Mky77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:34 pm

Rockhopper wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:14 pm That method works fine, it’s how I do it. Yes I use a puck under the side but not at the rear as my jack has a rubber pad anyway.
Thanks!
Do you use a puck with Jack stands or not? As I only have 2 but will just Amazon if need be

chanlon1

Post by chanlon1 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:42 pm

Mky77 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:07 am
chanlon1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:15 pm Just came across this thread as I was jacking the E86 up on all four corners.
How did you do it? I need to Jack up all 4 corners and have spent hrs looking but no real explanation other than Jack rear corner and put stand at front, repeat on other side then Jack at rear from cross members point on subframe.

The bit that worries me having never done this is once one front stand is on and you Jack opposite side rear does the car not want to fall off the one jack stand as it must tilt on the jacking point/axle stand. Also if not 100% level ground there’s no wheels on ground to chock contributing to possible movement.

Did you also use jacking point hockey pucks with your axle stands?
The car will wobble/tilt a bit, but nothing dramatic. Just make sure to choc the wheels to prevent it rolling and go slowly while jacking.
E86 Z4 Coupe 2006 Silver

Mky77

Post by Mky77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm

Cheers buddy :thumbsup:

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:47 pm

no, not with the stands as they have a kind of cup shape already.