Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CANCELLED: Wild Atlantic Run 2020 - 1st edition

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Chippie

Wild Atlantic Run 2020 - 1st edition

Post by Chippie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi Attillio
I would love to attend if you would please put my wife and I down.
I just need to book the ferry, will probably cross from Holyhead, what time would you expect to finish this n the Tuesday so I know which ferry to book for the return crossing.
Thanks Mick and Julie
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:03 am

Chippie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:37 pm Hi Attillio
I would love to attend if you would please put my wife and I down.
I just need to book the ferry, will probably cross from Holyhead, what time would you expect to finish this n the Tuesday so I know which ferry to book for the return crossing.
Thanks Mick and Julie
Hello Chippie,

great! I will add you to the list of participants.

The plan for the last day is to leave the West coast in the morning and head back towards Dublin. it can take 2 1/2 to 3hrs. I would suggest to take a ferry after 2pm to be on the safe side...

I am not sure of timetables etc but it would appear that there are ferries to Holyhead just after 2:30pm and then 8:40pm. You could also check the Dublin - Liverpool route to see if the sailing times are more favourable.

Keep me posted
Attilio
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:17 am

Hello there,

Hope you had a great weekend and managed ok through storm Dennis

Yet another update (17/02/2020) to the list of participants:
  1. Attilio - 2 people (Attilio + Matteo) - 1 twin room
  2. Pbondar - 2 people (Peter + ... ) - 1 double room
  3. tadekk - 1 person (Tadek) - 1 single room/sharing
  4. MerBrook - 2 people - 1 double room
  5. Chippie - 2 people (Mick & Julie) - 1 double room
  6. zedwheels - 2 people - 1 double room - possible
  7. RjBaz - 2 (Robert & Hillary) - 1 double room - possible
  8. bluetooth 2 (Eric & Ashleigh) -1 double room (Day 1 - Dublin to the Southeast)
  9. earthdweller 2 (Andy & Ewan) - to be decided (Day 3?)
  10. Peter-E36 1 person (Peter + ?) - possible

As per my previous messages, feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions etc.

I will try and finalise the list of chosen accommodation for the overnight stops (Tramore, Killarney, Cliffs of Moher) in the next few days so we can book accommodation along the route.

Thanks again for your interest, I really appreciate the effort you are all making to come over to visit Ireland.

Attilio
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock

tadekk

Post by tadekk » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi Attilio, do you need any help searching for hotels etc? I know the time is not perfect to plan a European getaway but maybe there are options with cancellation? ;)

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:11 pm

In view of the present situation regarding Coronavirus and travel etc, I was checking the Irish Ferries website regarding cancellations or changes to bookings.
Below is a link to their current policy regarding this. I hope this is of help to those who have all ready booked or to Attilio if he is thinking of rescheduling.
All the best.

https://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/freq ... -covid-19/
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:55 pm

MerBrook wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:11 pm In view of the present situation regarding Coronavirus and travel etc, I was checking the Irish Ferries website regarding cancellations or changes to bookings.
Below is a link to their current policy regarding this. I hope this is of help to those who have all ready booked or to Attilio if he is thinking of rescheduling.
All the best.

https://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/freq ... -covid-19/
The P+O accross from Scotland offering the same, you can reschedule if you prefer at no cost irrepective of ticket class.

It looks like we won't be coming sadly..its a real pisser I had a great year of Z4-ing planned but I think its going down the drain.

My wife works in A+E so I think one way or another we are going to be otherwise detained..

Since we've paid most of our bookings already its a financial loss but that's very very small beer compared to some of the losses that are going to happen!

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:52 am

Hello all,

sorry for the momentary radio silence on the topic of the Irish Run but personal events have taken priority.

I am looking at hotels and I was about to make a suggestion to stop in Waterford for the night of Saturday 23rd May (the first stop over of the planned trip).

However, the corona virus is throwing all our plans in disarray (I am/was due to fly to Fuerteventura today but obviously cannot do so, unless I want to be confined to a hotel room and risk to be stranded there for weeks).

I am frankly uncertain about what to do: I don't think anybody knows if there are going to be any travel restrictions between Ireland and the UK and if that will happen to be the case, how long those restrictions will stay in place.

I would advise to check with the ferry companies (as some of you already suggested) to check the status and conditions for a refund if you prefer not to travel. My understanding is that a refund is only possible if restrictions for non-essential travel are in place (the Department of Foreign Affairs is generally the best source).

Pbondar,
I am sorry to hear you are not going to make it over but I fully understand. You're absolutely right: the financial losses we have suffered or going to suffer from are nothing compared to the suffering some people have already gone through. I hope you and your wife are going to be safe.

Coming back to the "Irish Run 2020" My plan is to make a booking for the hotels (Waterford, Killarney and the Galway area - I will provide suggestions in the next couple of days) with those websites that allow for free cancellation until few days before the stay. Then we can wait to see how the situation develops and make a decision.

Of course, if you prefer not to travel at all and wish to "cancel" your participation at this point in time, please feel free to do so. No offence taken: these are very difficult times and possibly we haven't experienced the worse yet. I have family in Italy and they are going through a very difficult time, I appreciate nobody wants to take unnecessary risks.

I sent you all a message via the PM facility of this site, feel free to contact me directly or via this forum (replying to this post or via a PM, if you prefer) if you wish to "discuss".

In the meantime, take good care and be safe.
Attilio

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:55 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51924405

British nationals should avoid all non-essential foreign travel to tackle the spread of coronavirus, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has advised.

The restrictions will be in place for 30 days initially but could be extended, the foreign secretary said.

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:17 pm

The Irish Govt likewise are saying do not travel out of Ireland to Europe including the U.K. except for NI

Also bear in mind the lockdown is far more severe in ROI with all pubs, restaurants, cafes schools and public amenities closed

The briefing in both the U.K./ROI is that sanctions are only likely to get tougher in the coming weeks
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

zedwheels

Post by zedwheels » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Got no chance against an invisible enemy. :evil:

We have decided to withdraw now, I know we were only Provisional anyway but being on medication that knocks my immune system out it makes sense. I did send a PM to Attilio. :cry:

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Irish Govt now saying only “essential” travel into the state.

Anyone entering from mainland U.K. must isolate for 14 days on entry

Travel within the island of Ireland not affected at this time
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 pm

earthdweller wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 pm Irish Govt now saying only “essential” travel into the state.

Anyone entering from mainland U.K. must isolate for 14 days on entry

Travel within the island of Ireland not affected at this time
That's a real shame but inevitable I guess.
Sounded like a fantastic Road Trip......always next year guys. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am

I'm assuming this is now offically (at least in the format that was proposed) is a dead parrot?

Seanoog

Post by Seanoog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:06 pm

I only just came across this Wild Atlantic Run thread, this morning. Such a shame that the Coronavirus is so negatively affecting travel, social interaction and business.

As a local to the area, I too would love the chance to meet, and drive with some of you's. As I havent yet had reason to drive near the cliffs of Cork, or West side of Ireland, this would be a perfect opportunity.

Attilio, if you are for rescheduling, in August or September, or next year, please let me know.
Hopefully the country and businesses will all be back to normal. And in the mean time we all get through this down turn, and public health crisis together, with minimal disruption and loss of life.
Drive safe everyone. :driving:
Daily: BMW (E90) 330i MSport
Toy: Still Looking. :fuelfire:

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am I'm assuming this is now offically (at least in the format that was proposed) is a dead parrot?
Hello Peter,

first of all thanks for your PM.

I am unsure whether to call it off or not as people have already spent money on their ferry tickets etc. and maybe the situation will improve by mid-May to make travel possible...

A