Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Terrible Reception

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Terrible Reception

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:54 am

Well if it's everything, then I think you need to be looking to the points Shipkiller suggested and to the head unit.

Access to the bumper cover aerial is by removing the bumper cover. That's just a few clips and screws so a 10 minute job, but unless the bumper has been off recently to damage it then I se no reason for it to be damaged, especially as you indicate everything is poor reception.

No idea on the TV. It will be obsolete in a few months anyway if its the standard analogue, with the digital switcheover.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:53 am

Baffled. ... had the head unit out...all was plugged in and connected...took aerial lead out and stuck my finger in..no change. Put all that back together and moved on to the boot area. Pulled back carpet and checked all connections to both the boxes...all as should be. Moved outside...removed stubby and put in a long length of wire....No change....put stubby back in place. What next Guys????????
E89 S Drive 35iS

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:52 pm

UPDATE, on a run out today i manually tuned to a local FM station and heard a faint signal, so i got out and held the aerial and got a good strong signal. Does this mean my mangowalk 4" is at fault? I tried it with 2 other makes of 4" stubbies and the results where the same. Whats it all mean and any solutions?
E89 S Drive 35iS

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Hunter wrote:UPDATE, on a run out today i manually tuned to a local FM station and heard a faint signal, so i got out and held the aerial and got a good strong signal. Does this mean my mangowalk 4" is at fault? I tried it with 2 other makes of 4" stubbies and the results where the same. Whats it all mean and any solutions?
Stick the OEM aerial back in and see what you get. Mangowalk and other similar are reported to give reception problems by some, even though it's supposed to use the rear bumper aerial for FM under most conditions
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Tried it, the signal IS better with the OEM but not by a fantastic amount.
E89 S Drive 35iS

Tref

Post by Tref » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Maybe there is a problem with your headunit?
Come to Daddy: 2004 TVR T350 Targa
Current stable: 2006 Golf GTi, 2007 Fiat Panda 100HP
Previous: 2004 Z4 3.0 Manual in Toledo Blue, 2004 TVR T350 Targa, 1995 TVR Chimaera

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Im thinking of just hireing chris evans and making him sit next to me in the car to do his DJing. lol. Not sure what to do next.
E89 S Drive 35iS