Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE BMW Z4 M Brake Cooling Kit

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Westersund

BMW Z4 M Brake Cooling Kit

Post by Westersund » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:30 pm

The rear brake cooling kit is now done! A complete kit will be priced at 2500 SEK which is about 202£, if you've bought a complete front brake cooling kit from me before or buy both a complete for the front and rear I will give you a discount of 500 SEK which is about 40£. As always no hose or hardware is included and the metal parts are not painted.

I can sell rear intakes (with brackets) and rear backingplates/funnels separately if someone wants that, the price is 1500 SEK (About 121£) for the intakes and 1000 SEK (About 81£) for the backing plates/funnels.

Since I had to change supplier for the metal parts I went from laser cutting to water cutting thus the metal parts will have minor surface rust/stains on them. A small issue since all metal parts have to be sanded before paint anyway.

Complete kit for the rear brakes:

Only intakes/brackets for the rear:

Only backing plates/funnels:

Some pictures from the install of a complete kit on my BMW E46 M3 (Repost):

I started off with cutting away everything off the OE backing plate I didn't need, just saved a bit due to structural reasons.

Painted the freshly cut edges of the backing plates to prevent them from rusting.

The backing plates and funnels. My funnels were the first ones to be printed and no support was used thus the rough finish on the inside. All funnels printed to customers will be printed using support and look a lot better on the inside.

Parts for the intakles, bent edges and dimple died holes. Just painted with a standard single stage metal paint to prevent them from rusting. The backing plates should be painted with heat resistant paint though.

The kit is designed in such a way that you only have to remove 1 bolt at a time for the RTAB holder to prevent toe changes.

Support brace.

Finished result!

TomK

Post by TomK » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:11 pm

Westersund wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:30 pm Finished result!

Looks great Andre! My only concern is does it interfere with the Z4 rear 'air dam' that is before the rear arch (not present on e46)?
I guess if it does it would just be a case of removing it, but perhaps there is a possibility of mounting it through the fixings for that rather than the RTAB carrier?
I'm tempted to add to your front kit but I have ap calipers on the rear and having measured both disc and caliper temps it's certainly not critical for my usage, I've only ever had issues when I left the TC on half way by mistake. Great to see a new option available though, thanks.
m3 arch.jpg
m3 arch.jpg (97.74 KiB) Viewed 886 times
z4 arch.jpg
z4 arch.jpg (88.85 KiB) Viewed 886 times
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:59 pm

TomK wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:11 pm Looks great Andre! My only concern is does it interfere with the Z4 rear 'air dam' that is before the rear arch (not present on e46)?
I guess if it does it would just be a case of removing it, but perhaps there is a possibility of mounting it through the fixings for that rather than the RTAB carrier?
I'm tempted to add to your front kit but I have ap calipers on the rear and having measured both disc and caliper temps it's certainly not critical for my usage, I've only ever had issues when I left the TC on half way by mistake. Great to see a new option available though, thanks.
m3 arch.jpg

z4 arch.jpg
Thanks Tom! The air deflector is removable I believe, just like it is on the E46 M3 (mine didn't have any because it's a racecar). The design of the rear intakes is made this way to work both as an air intake and an air deflector. To retain the function it had from factory along with cooling the brakes. I can always make a custom air intake if you want to mount it in another way, no problem. I designed it this way in order for the kit to work with E36/E46/E85/E86 since they all share the same bearing carrier. :D

Just let me know if you want another desing of the air intake and I'll help you out.

TomK

Post by TomK » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:41 am

Westersund wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:59 pm Thanks Tom! The air deflector is removable I believe, just like it is on the E46 M3 (mine didn't have any because it's a racecar). The design of the rear intakes is made this way to work both as an air intake and an air deflector. To retain the function it had from factory along with cooling the brakes. I can always make a custom air intake if you want to mount it in another way, no problem. I designed it this way in order for the kit to work with E36/E46/E85/E86 since they all share the same bearing carrier. :D

Just let me know if you want another desing of the air intake and I'll help you out.
Hi Andre,

I might be wrong but I don't think the M3 has the air deflector that the Z4 has? I appreciate your mounting solution will work with all those variants, but it would be more elegant for the Z4 I'm sure to use the fixings for the air dam. I'm with the car in a few days, will take some photos to show you what I mean. Maybe it won't make sense to develop it just for the Z4 though, I can understand that.
Cheers
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:39 am

The E46 M3 has an air deflector but you're right in that it's not the same parts number as the Z4 M one. I'm open to developing a specific air intake for the Z4 M. :thumbsup:

TomK

Post by TomK » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:41 pm

Apologies I didn't get the time to lift the car but you get the idea I think. This piece that includes the air dam is bolted in and has some dowels I think to secure it. Would be cool to re-engineer that no? They are available on ebay for £10 or so here I think if you would like me to send you one?
DSC_1612.JPG
DSC_1612.JPG (94.85 KiB) Viewed 805 times
DSC_1614.JPG
DSC_1614.JPG (106.68 KiB) Viewed 805 times
DSC_1616.JPG
DSC_1616.JPG (90.68 KiB) Viewed 805 times
DSC_1615.JPG
DSC_1615.JPG (100.76 KiB) Viewed 805 times

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:02 am

TomK wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:41 pm Apologies I didn't get the time to lift the car but you get the idea I think. This piece that includes the air dam is bolted in and has some dowels I think to secure it. Would be cool to re-engineer that no? They are available on ebay for £10 or so here I think if you would like me to send you one?
No worries! I've thought about that but my Z4 M is standing all the way back in the garage on top of a car lift. No need to buy and send one I'll wait for summer and get my car down for the developement of a new intake. The problem with the mounting of that part is that there's VERY little room for the scoop/hose before it interferes with the wheel well. I'll give it a go once I can get my Z4 M down. :thumbsup:

Z4-LV

Post by Z4-LV » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 pm

Is it still for sale? Interested in front brake kit
2008 E85 3.0 twinturbo N54B30 6-speed manual (BZ53), ST-XTA coilovers, Diff 3.23 with Quaife ATB, Powerflex, downpipes, Maxxecu,
Supersprint powerloop 0080.
Front Strut bar -Wiechers Sport
:driving:

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:03 am

Z4-LV wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 pm Is it still for sale? Interested in front brake kit
It's still for sale! Having some issues with the printer right now and waiting on parts, so I can't print right now but it will be back and runing shortly (hopefully).

Z4-LV

Post by Z4-LV » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:14 pm

Westersund wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:03 am
Z4-LV wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 pm Is it still for sale? Interested in front brake kit
It's still for sale! Having some issues with the printer right now and waiting on parts, so I can't print right now but it will be back and runing shortly (hopefully).
What the price with shipping of Full kit with race backing plates and mesh insert? Shippinng to Latvia LV-3407
2008 E85 3.0 twinturbo N54B30 6-speed manual (BZ53), ST-XTA coilovers, Diff 3.23 with Quaife ATB, Powerflex, downpipes, Maxxecu,
Supersprint powerloop 0080.
Front Strut bar -Wiechers Sport
:driving:

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:19 pm

Z4-LV wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:14 pm What the price with shipping of Full kit with race backing plates and mesh insert? Shippinng to Latvia LV-3407
I sent you a PM!

ddaann

Post by ddaann » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:06 pm

Hello,
Do you sell a similar kit for Z4 E86 Non-M 3.0si ?
Thank you

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:15 pm

ddaann wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:06 pm Hello,
Do you sell a similar kit for Z4 E86 Non-M 3.0si ?
Thank you
Sent you a PM earlier today.

ddaann

Post by ddaann » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:48 pm

@westersund
Thank you for your PM.
Mainly I’m interested in the bumper - wheel arch liner part, to have something similar with the Z4M. Unfortunately the non M has no air ducts in the front bumper. Let me know if you’ll have something in the future

Westersund

Post by Westersund » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:41 pm

The front bumper on the non-M is a bit tricker, I don't think many people would like to cut a hole in the mesh, maybe a control arm solution would work? I have such a kit installed on my M2 and it works great, also a few others have my kit installed with great results. :thumbsup: