Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

winters coming

Alpina Specific discussion
hong kong phooey

winters coming

Post by hong kong phooey » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 pm

so the winter season is closing in on us a just wanted to ask what members do .
with all my previous classic cars , garaged , covered with an all weather sheet , tank full , oil topped up , battery on one of these new trickle chargers , fantastic buy the way with all the over heat sensors and cut out features and a heater that comes on if it drops below 5 degrees .
anything else to look out for ?
roadster s lux . :thumbsup:

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

winters coming

Post by enzed4 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:35 am

hong kong phooey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 pm so the winter season is closing in on us a just wanted to ask what members do .
with all my previous classic cars , garaged , covered with an all weather sheet , tank full , oil topped up , battery on one of these new trickle chargers , fantastic buy the way with all the over heat sensors and cut out features and a heater that comes on if it drops below 5 degrees .
I rejoice, because it means summer's coming, down here :thumbsup: :lol:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

winters coming

Post by buzyg » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:04 am

enzed4 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:35 am
hong kong phooey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 pm so the winter season is closing in on us a just wanted to ask what members do .
I rejoice, because it means summer's coming, down here :thumbsup: :lol:
On my way there soon then. Shame I can't bring the Zed.

Mean time, it's a glorious sunrise here right now so time to go open the garrage and enjoy the sounds of the S54. :striding accross the moors. driving: :D

Davz

winters coming

Post by Davz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:41 pm

If you fill up your tank I would fill with Esso 97 octane, this is ethanol free. Ethanol can coagulate if left over winter and block fuel lines.....been an absolute sod in a classic bike but fairly easily rectified as the fuel lines are simple to replace and the tank can be lifted off the frame and swilled out.....try that in a zed!
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.