Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alpina Possessed - Help Please.

Alpina Specific discussion
MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 pm

I Returned home this evening to find that all three break lights are flickering whilst the car is stationary on the drive. With no one in it or ignition on.
The car is currently on SORN and has been since last October. It has had a CTEK connected since without any problems.
I initially thought that it was the CTEK causing the problem as when I disconnected it the problem seemed to disappear, I then reconnected the CTEK and the flickering lights didn't at first return, but they did within 5 minutes ish of reconnection.
Subsequently I disconnected the CTEK and no flickering lights.
Then they returned, they have now gone off again and have been for the last 15 minutes or so with the CTEK disconnected.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be gratefully received.
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

derin100

Post by derin100 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Very strange!

I think mine might be possessed as well. So, I 'm driving back from the MOT garage this afternoon...about a 30 min drive...and just before I get home the car makes a single, 'like a telephone ringing noise' out of the blue! But I don't have my phone connected to anything as far as I know! :o
E85 3.0Si Silver on Black (Gone and will be missed)
E85 M Roadster Silver Grey on Black
E85 Alpina Roadster S Toledo Blue on Black

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Maybe it's the weather.
Anyway the problem doesn't appear to have returned since first writing this post.
I think I will leave the CTEK off for day or so and see what happens.
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

mickl

Post by mickl » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:46 pm

derin100 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:54 pm Very strange!

I think mine might be possessed as well. So, I 'm driving back from the MOT garage this afternoon...about a 30 min drive...and just before I get home the car makes a single, 'like a telephone ringing noise' out of the blue! But I don't have my phone connected to anything as far as I know! :o
Hi Derin

It used to do that when I had the car, I think it might be related to the aftermarket Bluetooth that is fitted, a Motorola unit IIRC
I Think its all stashed away behind the dash as I never used it.

Mick

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 pm

Spooky. :?