Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Suggestions for new forum sections

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:55 am

ovrkll wrote:Great site!

FWIW, I would like to see some sort of indication as to what threads, within a forum, I have posted in. Makes things easier to find for replies and such.

Thanks!
You have a good idea there, but as far as I know (please correct me if i'm wrong) phpbb does not provide this feature.

I believe the new version of phpbb (3) which is due for final release soon will have more features, but I don't think that one is in there. If this is something people want I will see if there is a mod out there to do this.

zee42

Post by zee42 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:01 pm

I know......I know.........How about the give zee42 a dollar section....come on.....help a brother out!!!!!!!!!

taffy

Post by taffy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:36 pm

What about a track section, after all these cars were made to be tracked :P

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Any need for an 'other BMW' or 'other cars' section? Perhaps not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:28 am

davidpfitz, perhaps NOT :x This is a Z4 forum. We can discuss other cars in the Lounge if you want. I think that's how we did it in the old Z4UM, isn't it? :?
Member ZSCCA

Rick Hunter
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:57 am

No... there was an "Other Cars" section on Z4um. Hardly anyone actually went in there, though. I remember you posting a pic of yourself and your 1st car, flyboyaj. I only remember this because you posted right after me on that thread. :)
'07 Imola Red Image Coupé

davidpfitz

Old structure.

Post by davidpfitz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:01 am

Not that this forum should copy Z4UM - there were a lot of dead areas on Z4UM, but for reference, this is the old structure (as it was when Z4um went offline):

Z4 Related
  • Z For Life
    New MemberZ Area
    ///M For Life
    Z4 How To Guides
    Z Problems
    Z Extras
    Z Performance
Automotive
  • Other Cars
Meetings & Events
  • European
    North American & Rest of the World
    Meeting Photos
General Forums
  • General Discussion (Off Topic)
    The Light Side
    Photographic Gallery
    Site News and Suggestions
    Offers and Discounts
    For Sale
    Wanted
NewZ
  • Automotive NewZ
    Racing NewZ
Front Page Announcements
  • Announcements
If you're interested in post counts, or anything like that you can see it all here:

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=82 ... lang=en-US

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:57 am

interesting... I have taken a not of the monthly stats from the beginning of z4um (from archive.org), hence I know we're ahead of where they were after <1 month ;)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:18 pm

I've got to say, I'm amazed at the amount of activity of this forum at this early stage... it was always going to be a tough job to rally the troops from Z4um and get a decent community with a good flow of useful info and banter going.

Thanks for putting in so much effort to do it all - it can't have been easy and I think I can speak for pretty much everyone when I say that I really appreciate it.

D.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks v.much! It is much easier, the fact that is is a hobby as well... it must be difficult to develop a forum if you have no interest in the topic!

I am happy with how it has gone so far, thanks to you all too!... hopefully we will continue as we have done so far :D
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

zee42

Post by zee42 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Sooooooooo nobody ever gave an answer to the brilliant Idea of the Give Zee42 a Dollar section :driving:

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:53 pm

Personally, I do not want to copy Z4um! :o This is a fresh start and the members/Sp3ctre should decide what is needed. Having a bunch of sections without usage just makes things clustered and hard to find.

This site will grow, just give it time and patience. I am sure everyone will be happier in the end.

Cheers!

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:42 pm

ovrkll wrote:Personally, I do not want to copy Z4um! :o This is a fresh start and the members/Sp3ctre should decide what is needed. Having a bunch of sections without usage just makes things clustered and hard to find.

This site will grow, just give it time and patience. I am sure everyone will be happier in the end.

Cheers!
Spot on I think... I have a couple of ideas in mind but am waiting a while before introducing them.... We will grow, but I intend us to evolve rather then erupt

:D

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Where is Stephen Schnitzer when we need him? :?

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:51 pm

:idunno: Who?