Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2008 Calendar with Z4

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2008 Calendar with Z4

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:21 am

cj10jeeper wrote:Totally agree that with such services the price is steep and quality at best average. Advantage of course is that the members can select a dozen photos that are well tweaked and sorted, have them loaded centrally and choose to pay and print if they want it.

I once looked into this before for Jeeps (another love of my life) and was frustrated by the logistics of a calendar produced in one place and then having to ship globally and the 'me too' who were int he line to buy then never got around to ordering or paying.

Don't let my experience taint the Z4Forum 2008 calendar :)
hehe, to be honest if people want to do that then the best way would be for them to simply upload the pics to these sites themselves and order direct. It's not worth organising that wort of thing centrally really. I'll see what I can organise (hopefully) next week and post details as soon as I have them
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:33 am

For sure - the only advantage of not going direct is for people like me who are not artistic with paintshop to create a dozen great shots of cars and want a quality product.

Love my Z, but I'm not sure I want to stare at a dozen random shots of it I've taken (especially when it sits in the garage next to my home office)

Hell anything will be better than my 2007. I'm currently on the MG TD with '52 Fiat Topolino to look forward to in November.....
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Color

Post by Color » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:27 pm

If making a central inquiry is complicated and won't make it cheaper, I'm sure we can arrange for some of us to setup a package of photos which we all each on his own can distribute to a calendar service and arrange to make the print & delivery.

I'll be happy to provide my photoshop services, for what they are worth (graphics artist - participated in art deliveries for some computer games as a secondary job).

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:35 pm

I have an enquiry in place with a print shop at the moment... (ok, I said I would look into it next week, but decided to use my lunch hour instead). I am going to get a single unit done, check the quality and then negotiate a discount. There are 2 sizes, A4 and A5 desk calendars. Whether or not it will be feasible or not will depend on the unit price as well as the quality.

As is typical of this country we have some postal strikes coming up (booo hisss!) so it may take a week or so to get this in place, in the mean time I will sort out the pics.

Cheers,

J
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

adama222

Post by adama222 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:02 pm

I'll buy one if 20ducks' avatar is included somewhere in the calendar.
:D

Veruca

Post by Veruca » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:52 pm

Here is a site:

http://www.zazzle.com/mk/custom/calendars

You can create your own stuff and sell it. It's great. Here are my wares. LOL
http://www.zazzle.com/pd/find?qs=s2kgirl