Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof slow in one direction - NOT fixed

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
wonkydonkey

Post by wonkydonkey » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 am

celticrider I didn't find any information about how to adjust the valves either. Frustrating really, as it can only be a simple adjustment. I don't fancy randomly going through all the possible combinations of adjustments when it's such a slow and messy process to empty and refill the reservoir each time. I did want to remove the bypass valve but couldn't find a socket with a thin enough wall, and I don't want to buy a new pump because it shouldn't be necessary.

I can get my roof to open every time by pressing open for about 1 second, immediately pressing shut for a second or so, and then going back to the open button and holding it. I do want to fix it though!
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

celticrider

Post by celticrider » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Hey again
The one thing I did manage to find is the 14/12 numbers on the pump is for the lower function and 13/11 is raise
At least it narrowed down as to what valve does what.
I have not been able however to find the pressure adjustment setting so I could compare the two valves, or get a parts breakdown to see if there is a seal on the actual valve under the spring.
Not hard to adjust, but without a guage and actual setting it’s a shot in the dark.
The rebuilder said if pressure set too high can ballon the cylinders and they won’t honour the warranty.
After 750.00 Canadian, not sure if I want to risk it.