Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Feel divorce imminent

roofless

Re: Feel divorce imminent

Post by roofless » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:30 pm

thanks guys, will let you know how i get on.
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

roofless

Post by roofless » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Well i have the car back. Now all i am waiting for is an answer as to why my car clocked up 80 miles whilst at the dealership. Perhaps i'm being picky or unreasonable but i don't see how a service and a roof issue could require 80 miles of testing at an average 18.5 mpg.
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:58 pm

That's very reasonable of you to ask the question, I'd say someone has been taking your car home to test the roof?!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Just wait for a week or so 'till you get the speeding ticket!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:45 am

My suit stinks of oil from the seatbelt.
When I got in last night mrs roofless said 'you smell of oil'!
The reek of cleaning fluid kind of masked it yesterday but it is very noticeable this morning.

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 pm

roofless wrote:My suit stinks of oil from the seatbelt.
When I got in last night mrs roofless said 'you smell of oil'!
The reek of cleaning fluid kind of masked it yesterday but it is very noticeable this morning.
So they didn't replace the seat belts, just poor, it doesn't take a great deal of common sense to figure that the belts would absorb oil and no amount of cleaner is getting that out. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

JDM

Post by JDM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:31 pm

This is absolutely shocking. I have lost all my faith in BMW dealerships. I would go as far to say I HATE them. Every time my car ever went in it came out with more problems. :evil:

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. And the whole 80miles thing is damn right inexcusable.

Give them the riot act Roofless :telloff:
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Car is back in to BMW monday morning. Have spent the afternoon driving with a tea towel between my shoulder and the seat belt, not quite the image i treasure of myself in a convertible. (and no jokes please about tea towels), the mileage is apparently due to testing to see if there were any rattles. I had previously been told that they did have a lot of difficulty aligning the roof, so what do i say. It's plausible and if i'm honest i'd expect them to test the roof on a drive to see if it was ok. 80 miles ? Well two tests and out on the motorway both times. I guess i'd rather it be tested than not, and i have to assume they did only 'test it'.

Z4 Beemer

Post by Z4 Beemer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 pm

WHAT? :| An 80 mile test drive? I agree, this is inexcusable. I think I would probably tell the dealers they are incompetent and take this up directly with UK customer services. You are definitely not being picky or unreasonable. I would also get them to dry clean your suit AND replace the seatbelt.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Current: 2016 Audi S3 :: Navarra Blue
Gone: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i :: Deep Sea Blue
Gone: 2004 Z4 2.2i SE :: Maldives Blue

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Contamination of the seat belt webbing is not good - I seem to remember reading that they should only be cleaned with warm soapy water!

If they have been contaminated with hydraulic fluid has the integrity of the material been comprimised i wonder?
Do the research now rather than the mechanical test when you most need them to work properly!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 pm

IK.

Post by IK. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm

There is no other phrase for this except ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Yes, you may have some problems with your car, which you may have to accept; but this is a fundamental issue with a core part of the car, which in turn has resulted in serious damage to the car.

I really hope you get this sorted properly, as I can imagine how gutted you are right now. Possibly a bit pathetic, but I actually feel really upset for you.
Currently car-less!
Previous: Z4 3.0si Coupe & Z4M Roadster
Plus a few others!

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 pm

:thumbsup: Really useful, top find, thanks a bunch and thanks to every one for your comments, all much appreciated.

IK.

Post by IK. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:15 pm

If you can come out of this a sane man, you're a stronger person than I am! I would be going crazy.
Currently car-less!
Previous: Z4 3.0si Coupe & Z4M Roadster
Plus a few others!

roofless

Post by roofless » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 pm

IK. wrote:If you can come out of this a sane man, you're a stronger person than I am! I would be going crazy.
Well as i've said previously i'm seriously out of love with the car now, well actually that's not totally true, driving her again has made me feel a little less anti.
reading some of the other issues that people have with their cars at the moment doesn't make me feel much better but puts it in perspective a little and i guess as i have people around me going through some fairly major health crises (more than one person as it happens) it kind of puts it all in a little perspective, it's a car! Not a major organ, a limb or a higher brain function that is letting me down.
I'm not happy to think that a car that cost over 40k isn't that reliable, that a company that sells itself on quality and 'joy' doesn't wholly deliver but then i can't pretend that i'm perfect, that i get it right every time and at the end of it all:- it is just a car.
None of what's happening is great or alright but it will get sorted i'm sure, and for that i am grateful to BMW, not every company out there gets on and sorts it's problems; and for some on the forum perhaps not even BMW have done that so good luck you guys, i hope things turn out for the best.
We'll see what next week brings but once again thanks to everyone here, the responses have helped me stay grounded, not feel that i'm being unreasonable and given me some resolve to persevere with the car. :thumbsup: To the Z4 forum

And even while i get the waft of hydraulic oil around the cabin: with the wind in my hair again and the roar of that exhaust through a tunnel, with a bend approaching a little faster than it should, for a moment; all seems well with the world :evil: