Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SoCalZ's

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Hello everyone, I'm another new guy!
I promised my daughter I'd take her to the Poison (good taste?!) concert at Verizon Amphitheater tomorrow night!
I'll definately go with you guys on the next one though!
I'll PM IMZ4N with my contact info so I can stay in the loop.

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Is Angeles Crest open all the way through to Wrightwood again?
Wrightwood is practically in my back yard! Let me know when you do that drive for sure!

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:14 pm

Just checked the caltrans site and hwy 2 is still not open all the way through...oh well.

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 pm

CaZ4 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm another new guy!
I promised my daughter I'd take her to the Poison (good taste?!) concert at Verizon Amphitheater tomorrow night!
I recieved your e-mail and have added you to my list. I send an e-mail blind copy when we have an event going. Many of the group do not post much, however they do read their e-mail. Hope you are enjoying your Z and will join in on the events. If you have a drive or suggestions for an event speek up.

Bob and Robyn

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Had a great day out on Sunday. Nice to see everyone again.

We started the day at Starbucks in OC early AM, drove 1hr 20min to get to the breakfast spot. Had breakfast and some chat to catch up with everyone. Headed out about 8:30 and headed for some twisties ( 82 deg ). Great day and no issues ( performance awards )!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are pics of the cars that attended.
left to right
IMZ4N--bsp8181---cfmoorejr---SOCALSIZZLE

That is not clouds in the background. There has been a fire burning since July 4, 07 in the mountains near Santa Barbara. We were 40 miles from the area. :cry: ( 92 deg )

The only law we came across was a Kern and Ventura county Sheriff having a meet of their own on one of the back roads.

Stopped and had lunch at this Mexican restraunt and some more chat. Most of the chat revolved around HC as one of us are going. :roll: ( 89 deg)
Last edited by IMZ4N on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bsp8181

Post by bsp8181 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for arranging everything. It was nice to see you all again. Looking forward to our next meet!

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:45 pm

Looks like fun! I'll definately be trying to make the next one! :driving:

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:12 pm

CaZ4

We have a Drive planned in December that would be out near Palm Springs. Just an FYI. :thumbsup: October or November we will most likely do a Big Bear drive as well.

cfmoorejr

Post by cfmoorejr » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Big Bear in the fall - lovely place at a lovely time! I Might make that an overnight in Arrowhead ... Love to have waffles at that place on the shoreline.

Thanks Bob for arranging the Outback run! It was good to see ya'll again.

:ilz4f:
Chuck Moore

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm definately up for that.
My partner at work owns a resteraunt in Lake Arrowhead Village. It's called Papagayo's. It's at the top of the stairs above the McDonald's in the parking lot. Great place with great Mexican food. I can have him save us a big table when it gets closer, just let me know!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:37 pm

Poison - are they still around? I used to listen to them in the 80s. CC Deville rocks :bow:

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:14 pm

Wondermike wrote:
Poison - are they still around? I used to listen to them in the 80s. CC Deville rocks :bow:
Yep they are still around. Great concert! They put on a great show! CC sounded great too, his solo was incredible!
Andrew and Julie

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:21 pm

I spoke with my friend who owns the restaurant in Lake Arrowhead village today and he said if you guys want to plan a trip up there in late september or October (during Octoberfest) he could probably reserve parking for us in the village. He also mentioned if anyone wants to stay up there for the weekend, he could get us good deals at the resort. Especially, if we want more then 3 or 4 rooms. The resort is walking distance from the village.
Let me know if you guys are interested and I can try to put something together.
I have to wait a week or two to see what weekend the football team I coach has a bye (schedules haven't come out just yet).
Andrew and Julie

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:38 pm

CaZ4 wrote:I spoke with my friend who owns the restaurant in Lake Arrowhead village today and he said if you guys want to plan a trip up there in late september or October (during Octoberfest) he could probably reserve parking for us in the village. He also mentioned if anyone wants to stay up there for the weekend, he could get us good deals at the resort. Especially, if we want more then 3 or 4 rooms. The resort is walking distance from the village.
Let me know if you guys are interested and I can try to put something together.
I have to wait a week or two to see what weekend the football team I coach has a bye (schedules haven't come out just yet).
When you find out what your schedule is let me know and we can start coming up with a date. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:47 pm

CaZ4 wrote:...Yep they are still around. Great concert! They put on a great show! CC sounded great too, his solo was incredible!
Brilliant. Off to burn a CD with a few Poison tunes on. :w00t: