Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Quad Exhaust Conversion

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Quad Exhaust Conversion

Post by PawnSacrifice » Wed May 11, 2011 11:02 pm

ranski wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the inside of the standard Z4 bumper has etchings where the 2nd exhaust cut out should be?
I didn't see one - but it may have been hacked away by the idiots that did the original cut out. I'd be surprised as the Z4 bumper, from the inside, isn't symmetrical. CJ, did you see this when you did yours?

Thinking about it, the other reason I'd actually be very surprised if it was there, the bumpers aren't even marked up for their respective aero kit "diffusers".
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 pm

No marks on mine and no reason there would be as the moulding is asymmetric and there is no rhs outlet application
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

PawnSacrifice
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PawnSacrifice » Wed May 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Exactly. Am curious to know where this came from? Even on other models where there is the option for a LHS or LHS + RHS setup, surely they'd just have separate moulds?
2003 2.5i. Info: Winter Tyres | PDF Manuals, Retrofit Instructions and Links | Modifications | YouTube | #Project924

Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 am

PawnSacrifice wrote:Exactly. Am curious to know where this came from? Even on other models where there is the option for a LHS or LHS + RHS setup, surely they'd just have separate moulds?
You'd think so. On some parts such as the cowling where cruise control fits I can see the reason for the marking in that they probably add an extra bit to the mould to leave the cut out and that leaves a faint 'cut' line, which we can see and use.

Rear bumper - can't see why at all
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 pm

I so want a quad exhaust system now. I have spoken to MStyle and they can give any details of their customers so I will just have to see if anyone on here has had the system fitted from Mstyle.... Maybe I should just go down the custom route rather than an off the peg one...
2004 BMW Z4 2.2i SE - Bright Red - Black Leather - Clear Brake Lights - Xenon Lights - Black Kidney Grills - Red Brake Calipers - Front Parking Sensors - 19" Redline LM Wheels - BMW Aero Spoiler - Eibach Pro Kit - Longlife Quad Exhaust System

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Thu May 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Exactmax - where abouts are you?

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Ranski - I'm based in Richmond (surrey) at the moment but I do travel around... Why do you ask?
2004 BMW Z4 2.2i SE - Bright Red - Black Leather - Clear Brake Lights - Xenon Lights - Black Kidney Grills - Red Brake Calipers - Front Parking Sensors - 19" Redline LM Wheels - BMW Aero Spoiler - Eibach Pro Kit - Longlife Quad Exhaust System

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Thu May 12, 2011 6:44 pm

as im going to a place in Bham center to get mine done on the 24th - if they turn out alright and the price is your liking they might be an option?

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

rochey

Post by rochey » Thu May 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Longlife exhausts also did this for me....
as you can see it is t'd off the left box but looks and sounds awesome - very raspy at high revs and low and burbly at low revs, exactly what i wanted. i can highly recommend their work!!

and now with centre section sprayed with matt black high temp paint & centre grille section installed

wills

Quad Exhaust Conversion

Post by wills » Thu May 12, 2011 8:48 pm

rochey wrote:Longlife exhausts also did this for me....
as you can see it is t'd off the left box but looks and sounds awesome - very raspy at high revs and low and burbly at low revs, exactly what i wanted. i can highly recommend their work!!

and now with centre section sprayed with matt black high temp paint & centre grille section installed

Very nice - but did you need a new rear bumper, looks like it's an M bumper..?

billygilly

Post by billygilly » Thu May 12, 2011 8:49 pm

where are lifelong, are they near you?

wills

Quad Exhaust Conversion

Post by wills » Thu May 12, 2011 8:49 pm

ranski wrote:as im going to a place in Bham center to get mine done on the 24th - if they turn out alright and the price is your liking they might be an option?
If they do a good job for you I'll book mine in with them.

What sort of cost are you looking at?

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm

That looks really nice, where is Longlife based and how much was it? I have managed to find a Utube clip of the MStyle quad conversion and it looks a bit shoddy - what do people think

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... xqQY&gl=GB

???

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Sat May 14, 2011 2:25 pm

I have emailed Longlife and havnt had a reply yet... I think if they arent that expensive they appear to be a decent company to use for the quad conversion. The Mstyle quad system sounds a bit pants me thinks...

stef787

Post by stef787 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Exactmax wrote:That looks really nice, where is Longlife based and how much was it? I have managed to find a Utube clip of the MStyle quad conversion and it looks a bit shoddy - what do people think

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... xqQY&gl=GB

???
your link is not working. http://youtu.be/t-CqitmxqQY , i dont think that its the Mstyle exhaust. I think they mean Z4M style exhaust. Also, the user who posted the video is registered in slovakia...