Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roadster Solution Windblocker?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Citation 650

Post by Citation 650 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:57 am

zee42 wrote:
Yal wrote:I like the roadsters solution. Clear and removable. Never taken it out yet though.
X2 :thumbsup:
X3

rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:13 am

WLH wrote:
PhilDZ4 wrote:IMO, they're more for the psychological impact... protecting the womens' hair.
X2

X3 I have the mesh and I only use on long trips in cooler weather, and even then I still feel the cold air. For city driving it's a waste of time and IMO, not very attractive.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Citation 650 wrote:
zee42 wrote:
Yal wrote:I like the roadsters solution. Clear and removable. Never taken it out yet though.
X2 :thumbsup:
X3
Is there anywhere online in the UK to buy this one?

Rama

Post by Rama » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:19 pm

My car came with the OEM mesh version, and it works well. It certainly does make a difference having it installed - much less wind at highway speeds.

Bluesharp

Post by Bluesharp » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:22 pm

I like the roadstersolutions one a lot. It is effective, looks good, and doesn't impair visibility at all.

The only drawback I've seen is that raindrops will hit it when driving topless through thunderstorms. The water can then run down the console, and in my case, can cause BMW Assist to contact you every 20 minutes for the next 18 hours. :oops:
2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster, Sat Nav, Montego Blue, Black leather, bells and whistles, sex machine.

zee42

Post by zee42 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Bluesharp wrote:I like the roadstersolutions one a lot. It is effective, looks good, and doesn't impair visibility at all.

The only drawback I've seen is that raindrops will hit it when driving topless through thunderstorms.

Just a thought.....not trying to tell anyone what to do at all.....but how bout PUTTING THE DAMN TOP UP IN A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!!!!

Ski

Post by Ski » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:54 pm

zee42 wrote:
Bluesharp wrote:I like the roadstersolutions one a lot. It is effective, looks good, and doesn't impair visibility at all.

The only drawback I've seen is that raindrops will hit it when driving topless through thunderstorms.

Just a thought.....not trying to tell anyone what to do at all.....but how bout PUTTING THE DAMN TOP UP IN A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!!!!
Why??
My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 325xi Loaded

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Ski wrote:
zee42 wrote:Just a thought.....not trying to tell anyone what to do at all.....but how bout PUTTING THE DAMN TOP UP IN A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!!!!
Why??
Well lets see...you're driving down the road in the rain with the top down and a truck coming the other way hits a puddle next to you and then you will understand why you should be PUTTING THE DAMN TOP UP IN A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!!! :P
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Z4Golfer

Post by Z4Golfer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:08 am

WLH wrote:
Ski wrote:
zee42 wrote:Just a thought.....not trying to tell anyone what to do at all.....but how bout PUTTING THE DAMN TOP UP IN A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!!!!
Why??
Well lets see...you're driving down the road in the rain with the top down and a truck coming the other way hits a puddle next to you and then you will understand why you should be PUTTING THE DAMN TOP UP IN A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!!! :P
Yeah but some people enjoy being daft! :driving:

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 am

Roadster Solutions does very little to support Homecoming or much of anything else versus LeatherZ. If Andy or Jon (LeatherZ) would develop their own wind deflector I would consider it immediatly. LeatherZ would provide a quality product, excellent service and always persue innovative and creative mods/add-on's for Z4's. Roadster Solutions has the same old tired line with nothing else to offer.

Bluesharp

Post by Bluesharp » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:29 pm

zee42 wrote:

Hmmm. Yeah, I guess that could work. :wink: :) But then you couldn't experience the lightning and rolling rumble of thunder very well. I love thunder, and we don't get much in the Northwest.

It depends on the storm and your sense of play at the time though. The one in question was pretty clearly gonna be a quick downpour (just north of the Everglades) and an open highway, so no slowing or stopping needed. Fat, warm drops the size of small marbles. It ruled.

Truth to tell, though, the windsreen wasn't the only source of moisture in the cockpit. A lot of water was running down my wrist and arm, too, because I had my hand up over the windshield to feel the rain.
2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster, Sat Nav, Montego Blue, Black leather, bells and whistles, sex machine.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:51 pm

Bluesharp wrote:the windsreen wasn't the only source of moisture in the cockpit....
Oh I DID wonder where you were going with that one! ;)
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

zee42

Post by zee42 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:06 pm

X2 glad you explained that one...around here you just wouldnt want to leave a door like that open :wink: