Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

///M troubles

"M" Specific discussion
Curtis

Post by Curtis » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 am

I've had too many to list as members of a certain defunkt forum will know. Most worrying of all though was breaking the welds on my bulkhead/firewall. Before you say anything Zee it was nothing to do with the way I drive it. Not much anyway. :whistle:

enfield

Re: ///M troubles

Post by enfield » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:57 am

Wondermike wrote:Unbelievable, the amount of problems on this thread. It's like the engine starts tearing the car apart or something - lets hope the new V8 doesn't make it into the Z4 - at this rate it will fall apart.
There will be no V8. pvr bought an I-6 Z4M. :rofl:
The Z4M Roaster & Croup are gone!
It's E92 M3 from now on.

senwar

Post by senwar » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:24 am

All Pina wrote:Senwar - OT I know, but you were just geting your CSLs when the old Z4UM went down. Just seen you sig pic and they look fantastic.

AP
Thanks mate - its how the car should come in the first place isn't it - the wheel were made for this motor!

zee42

Post by zee42 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:00 am

Curtis wrote:I've had too many to list as members of a certain defunkt forum will know. Most worrying of all though was breaking the welds on my bulkhead/firewall. Before you say anything Zee it was nothing to do with the way I drive it. Not much anyway. :whistle:

What about that time you tried to jump the English channel?????????
and then theres that skate board ramp thing :dizzy:

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:00 am

I would have made that jump too if it wasn't for the damn crosswind! :x

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:59 am

JayD wrote:
sixspeed wrote: Rattle/light knock from behind dash/back of engine bay.
Andy,

You sure its not the bracing arms that need tightening in the engine bay? They are known to come loose and need tightening from time to time.
Picked the car up after it's Oil service today (and £240 lighter :o) and had mentioned the fault list to them when I dropped it off. They cured the creaking/rattle. Sure enough, engine bracing arms were the culprits!

Gauss

Post by Gauss » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:15 am

sixspeed wrote:
JayD wrote:
sixspeed wrote: Rattle/light knock from behind dash/back of engine bay.
Andy,

You sure its not the bracing arms that need tightening in the engine bay? They are known to come loose and need tightening from time to time.
Picked the car up after it's Oil service today (and £240 lighter :o) and had mentioned the fault list to them when I dropped it off. They cured the creaking/rattle. Sure enough, engine bracing arms were the culprits!
Your car is white right. Are you painting that carbon fiber roof? If not, what if it comes out looking bad? Can you remove it?

JayD

Post by JayD » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:58 am

Gauss

Do you ever post anything positive???

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 am

Gauss wrote:
sixspeed wrote:
JayD wrote:
Andy,

Your car is white right. Are you painting that carbon fiber roof? If not, what if it comes out looking bad? Can you remove it?
Yes, I can remove it. Or paint it. But it won't look bad. So there.

155MPH

Post by 155MPH » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:52 am

5700 miles, 16 months old, only problem was replaced the clutch, had a spring that made a popping sound and you could feel it on the pedal.