Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Videos of my dyno. comments abt the hp curve at high rpm?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
louis

Videos of my dyno. comments abt the hp curve at high rpm?

Post by louis » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:06 am

hello,

i've been a busy little bee this past week, getting stuff fitted onto my car, having it tuned and detailed...

anyway, i made some videos of my car getting dyno tuned. i combined the good bits into one clip to share with all of you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moRwiSAfiOY

also, a few screenshots showing my hp/torque curves.

what do you guys think of the plateau after 6000rpm? is it the cylinder head, stock exhaust manifold restricting the power or is it a tuning issue?

cheers :)

tehdarkstar

Post by tehdarkstar » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:19 am

Nice video mate. Your engine sounds great.

As for the plateau after 6K RPM I think it may be the exhaust. If you put something with a better air flow I think the engine will rev more freely and give you some extra BHP.

Where did you tune your car? How much did you pay for that? I'm interested on remapping my Z4MC when I get it but I would like to get dyno plots before and after the remap so I can compare my gains.

louis

Post by louis » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:28 am

tehdarkstar

the exhaust eh? wow, i've already removed everthing between the stock exhaust manifold and my ACS rear muffler and replaced it with mandrel bent pipes and a small crossover H-pipe to help with low rpm drone.

the only thing remaining that's stock are my manifolds... :x more money to be spent i guess.

i got my car tuned at my friend's shop, over here in singapore. he charges around 500-700GBP for a reflash. i haven't paid a single cent though as he's gone off to prepare for an upcoming endurance race at sepang, malaysia and refused any form of payment...for now.... he said: "just drive your car first, we'll talk about price after i get back"

cheers

tehdarkstar

Post by tehdarkstar » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:33 am

Hehehe, I didn't see you were from Singapore... A bit far for me to get my car tuned... :oops:

Sephanite

Post by Sephanite » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:32 pm

sc = supercharger?

louis

Post by louis » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Sephanite wrote:sc = supercharger?
yes, just a small one though. infinitas sk plus