Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

5 series wheels on my ///M look goooood!

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Sim_Simma

5 series wheels on my ///M look goooood!

Post by Sim_Simma » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 pm

I'm guessing most of you wouldn't want to drive around with odd wheels but I desperately needed new tyres on the rear and thought I might aswell refurb them while they were off. The reason I haven't done the fronts at the same time is because the 5 series wheels have a really aggressive offset and the fronts stick out past the wings about an inch! So I'll do those next weekend when the car doesn't need to go anywhere as I don't fancy my wheels tearing the wings off!
Anyway I thought the freshly refurbed wheels looked really good on the back

it's a shame the fronts won't fit as they really suit!
I don't think I'd keep them anyway as I still sort of want to keep the M wheels on the M.

Sae

Re: 5 series wheels on my ///M look goooood!

Post by Sae » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:52 pm

They look dark and mean :thumbsup:
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Sim_Simma

Post by Sim_Simma » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 am

I think the concave helps with that! Some people don't like black on black but it really looks good in proper gloss black. I'm going for a matt gunmetal on the m rims but the gloss black suprised me so they may change depending on how they turn out.

Sae

Post by Sae » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 am

Has been discussed loads of time, personally I think it depdns on the car, matt gunmetal would look great tho :thumbsup:
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

Sim_Simma

Post by Sim_Simma » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:27 am

Tbh when people put pics up of black wheels on a black car it usually doesn't look that special. But in the flesh these stunned me!
The satin/matt grey will depend on this clear coat I've just bought. I don't know what level of shine/matt it will give when dry. My paint shop only had the ready made stuff but I wanted a matting agent you put in normal clear at what ever ratio gives the desired finish.
so if the clear I bought isn't matt enough I'll probably just gloss black them. We'll see!