Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

///M Wheel badges Genuine Or Aftermarket?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

///M Wheel badges Genuine Or Aftermarket?

Post by Terryvision » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm

I've just sourced some 224's that need refurbishment..

I need the small M/// badges for when they are gleaming 8)

Are the genuine OEM ones better or are the aftermarket one's just as good? (pic below) anybody used them?

Genuine are £11 a set: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251452505729
Non gen are £2.99 a set: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111157936448

Thanks in advance ... Terry

Cheap and cheerful?

OEM... ?

Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: ///M Wheel badges Genuine Or Aftermarket?

Post by Bing » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:50 pm

I'll be honest, for £11 I'd just get OEM. Might even have a 2 year warranty in case they fall off due to sub-standard stickiness :lol:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Terryvision » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Bing wrote:I'll be honest, for £11 I'd just get OEM. Might even have a 2 year warranty in case they fall off due to sub-standard stickiness :lol:
I think so too after looking at some other close up shots the OEM ones are far superior ;)

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 pm

In all seriousness, the cheap ones may well just fall off after 6 months. False economy probably. And they are M wheels - they deserve OEM like Mila Kunis deserves Agent Provocateur undies 8)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...